Kia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige Xline, Aruba Green Ext/Rust Int
60 Posts
It doesn’t exist because of their new sos, accident, etc buttons. It has replaced it in all their new models I see from pictures. I can always find a new place for them but it was very handy to have them their.
The spot for the glasses is right in front of the center console storage bin.

·
Registered
2921 Kia Sorento sx, 2019 kia niro hev ex premium,
46 Posts
The spot for the glasses is right in front of the center console storage bin.
I see that spot but it’s something I need to get used to since every Kia Ive had the glass case in since 2009 😳.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So far for 2 months of driving and all city driving I average 26 mpg and that is mostly 15 min drives to work and back. If I do longer trips I get about 29 mpg. So far I’m liking the new engine for gas mileage.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
312 Posts
The sx prestige is not sold in Canada. You are all very lucky in the states for choosing what you want for options. In Canada you get what they build in that model they built. We now can at least finally build from factory a model that you with the colour, interior colour, etc. I’m going in on Tuesday and ordering my Sorento but sx has been the highest option from I have seen.
For the four items listed the rain sensor on the windshield I wouldn’t want. I have on my 2016 Kia Optima and the sensor sucks. I rather just use the regular setting on every other car.

2 questions I do have
1. does the sx have the glasses compartment on top?
2. are we able to fit the x line roof racks on the sx because I like them better and would like to switch them out in the future.
I’d trade you roof rails. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
312 Posts
Is that your sapphire blue Sorento below the message showing here?
That’s a stock image from Google, but yes. Same roof rails. I see now, I thought you had the xline rails… you also have the same as me.

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
61 Posts
I just read in another topic that the Canidan SX has heads up windshield displsy. I use it all the time on my BMW mostly for the speed indicator. Honestly if I knew of all these missing features I wouldn't have purchased it. I read reviews and they mentioned having these missing options. Later I realized many reviews were Canadian, Australian, other countries which had the options. I realize it was my Fault but in a waybi believe we were misled in US. I boughtvthe first one in my town, and it seems the sales associates and manager were under the impression these features were standard.

oh well live and learn

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ye
I just read in another topic that the Canidan SX has heads up windshield displsy. I use it all the time on my BMW mostly for the speed indicator. Honestly if I knew of all these missing features I wouldn't have purchased it. I read reviews and they mentioned having these missing options. Later I realized many reviews were Canadian, Australian, other countries which had the options. I realize it was my Fault but in a waybi believe we were misled in US. I boughtvthe first one in my town, and it seems the sales associates and manager were under the impression these features were standard.

oh well live and learn
yes. Mine has the heads up display. I have read a lot on Canada sx compared to the USA sx that is missing options. Rain sensing wipers was another item I saw.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Before I go digging does the Canadian SX model real taillights be all led including the turn signal? I looked yesterday a saw the back up lights aren’t so I will replace but before I order I will do them all if not. I was most certain I read that they were.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ye

yes. Mine has the heads up display. I have read a lot on Canada sx compared to the USA sx that is missing options. Rain sensing wipers was another item I saw.
The other missing option I heard was us sx model don’t have memory seats but the Canadian sx do. I shook my head at that one.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX (Canadian)
10 Posts
Before I go digging does the Canadian SX model real taillights be all led including the turn signal? I looked yesterday a saw the back up lights aren’t so I will replace but before I order I will do them all if not. I was most certain I read that they were.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line (Canadian Spec) - Aruba Stone Green
59 Posts
I'll be honest, the only missing option that I find I wish my X-Line had is the power lift gate.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line, Aruba Green, Rust Interior
33 Posts
I'll be honest, the only missing option that I find I wish my X-Line had is the power lift gate.
I find it so weird that in Canada the X-Line is a mid-level model missing things like a power liftgate and I don't think has cooled seats (are they even leather?). But has a memory driver seat and at least has additional drive modes (Mud, Rock). I think in Canada, you guys get hood struts too, right? Whereas in the U.S., the X-Line is the top trim model that has the option to get all the bells and whistles available in the U.S, but you still can't get memory driver seat, we have a hood prop rod, and we only get a Snow mode. Why not the other drive modes, isn't it just programming and some additional lettering on the mode selector?

I really can't figure out what Kia's strategy here is. It can't just be because of the Telluride, the Telluride is sold in Canada too. What bean-counter at Kia said, yeah - having two completely different production models between Canada and the US makes perfect sense.

My top items missing from my U.S. X-Line:
*Memory driver seat - a complete whiff for a car that costs this much. I can live without it, but it still irks me.
*Noise-reducing laminated front side glass - the windshield is laminated, but the front side windows are regular tempered glass. I wish they were all laminated like the Santa Fe, I think it would reduce some compartment noise and should be offered for the top trim.

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
61 Posts
Section 8 of owners manual has all light bulb numbers and type.
By trim level.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX (Canadian)
10 Posts
I find it so weird that in Canada the X-Line is a mid-level model missing things like a power liftgate and I don't think has cooled seats (are they even leather?). But has a memory driver seat and at least has additional drive modes (Mud, Rock). I think in Canada, you guys get hood struts too, right? Whereas in the U.S., the X-Line is the top trim model that has the option to get all the bells and whistles available in the U.S, but you still can't get memory driver seat, we have a hood prop rod, and we only get a Snow mode. Why not the other drive modes, isn't it just programming and some additional lettering on the mode selector?

I really can't figure out what Kia's strategy here is. It can't just be because of the Telluride, the Telluride is sold in Canada too. What bean-counter at Kia said, yeah - having two completely different production models between Canada and the US makes perfect sense.

*Memory driver seat - a complete whiff for a car that costs this much. I can live without it, but it still irks me.
*Noise-reducing laminated front side glass - the windshield is laminated, but the front side windows are regular tempered glass. I wish they were all laminated like the Santa Fe, I think it would reduce some compartment noise and should be offered for the top trim.
No hood struts in Canada on any model....just the prop rod.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No hood struts in Canada on any model....just the prop rod.
Yup. I’m not really to stressed about that because I don’t plan on working on my Sorento at anytime. Just maybe checking fluids here and there and maybe a [email protected] air filter eventually. I’ll leave that up to the mechanics.

·
Registered
46 Posts

In Canada the x line is below the ex line up in options. The US XLine sx prestige is Canada’s top model compare to the SX model line up. The XLine basically a glorified lx premium model with captins chairs, the lift kit, bigger rims/tires, and the exterior change in front and back bumper with bridge type roof racks. Our ex and ex plus are higher models then the x line. I don’t know the us model x line sits in the line up for options. I would suggest to look at the Kia.ca website so you can fully see the difference in the models from Canada and US. Our prices already have the approx $2000 for this option US don’t have to pay for if they don’t want it. I’m thinking Canada is getting their cars from South Korea still and not from US from the difference in model options. I asked someone about this at my dealership and they said Canada has a free trade agreement with South Korea which makes the cars being shipped over pretty much free on delivery and just pay for the expense of fuel etc. I’m not sure if this still a factory because it was before Georgia had a Kia factory. My only change I wish I had on my sx is having the XLine bridge type rood rails and from me posting that here before it seems like Im not the only one that wanted that as an option with dropping pretty much $50,000.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
922 Posts
$50,000 out-of-pocket would make me choke! One of the reasons I went with the 2020 SX was the huge difference in prices. With the sticker price of the 2020 SX at $41,890 and a total of $8,000 off the sticker price, I came in way below what the 2021 would have cost me in the US! Considering they also left off some options that I really wanted like the seat memory, 3rd row A/C, and the HomeLink mirror to name a few, and the 2021 would have been way more expensive for me. I also would not have gotten the 3.3L V6 which I prefer over the turbo four. There just didn't seem any good reason to spend all the extra money for different body styling. The 2020 SX didn't come with LED headlights, but $150 fixed that.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts