Kia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige Xline, Aruba Green Ext/Rust Int
60 Posts
I only have 700 miles on 21- SX FWD and am getting 24 miles to the gallon in the city set in the smart mode.
How in the world are you guys getting this? I only get around between 16 to 17 mpg city driving short trips on smart and on Comfort. And I have like 1,900 miles. Highway is different story though, around 27 mpg or so.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX FWD
22 Posts
How in the world are you guys getting this? I only get around between 16 to 17 mpg city driving short trips on smart and on Comfort. And I have like 1,900 miles. Highway is different story though, around 27 mpg or so.
I guess it all depends on how heavy your foot is.

·
Registered
2921 Kia Sorento sx, 2019 kia niro hev ex premium,
46 Posts
I just found out that the windshield "auto rain sensor " option is not included on the car . It has the normal standard low, high, int. and off .
So, now I can count 4 normal standard options for the top level trim
1) Memory seats
2) Glasses compartment on top
3) no gas struts for the heavy hood . Instead, they replaced them with a single steel rod .
4) no "auto" rain sensor on the windshield wiper system .
don`t get me wrong : I love the new car , but these omissions are unacceptable on the top luxury trim . I wonder what Kia is thinking in order to eliminate those options from the SX ... My previous two Sorento cars , a 2015 and a 2018 had those options included , so ... (?)
The sx prestige is not sold in Canada. You are all very lucky in the states for choosing what you want for options. In Canada you get what they build in that model they built. We now can at least finally build from factory a model that you with the colour, interior colour, etc. I’m going in on Tuesday and ordering my Sorento but sx has been the highest option from I have seen.
For the four items listed the rain sensor on the windshield I wouldn’t want. I have on my 2016 Kia Optima and the sensor sucks. I rather just use the regular setting on every other car.

2 questions I do have
1. does the sx have the glasses compartment on top?
2. are we able to fit the x line roof racks on the sx because I like them better and would like to switch them out in the future.

·
Registered
USA 2021 Kia Sorento, SX X-Line Green Rust
140 Posts
You know what.. ? You're wrong. Thats the problem that is rampant in this country now. People think there are 3 sides to every fact and that's just not the case. It's why this country is crumbling.

You can only get the AWD on the SX Prestige by getting a totally different vehicle and you will pay 2000k more for the AWD and as opposed to 1800k in any other trim. If you want AWD and the vented seats and the digital dash you have to get the X-line version which has a very different look with side cladding, a different grill, fake skid plates, a different rear fascia, snow mode, roof rails and higher ground clearance. It's not the same. It is not "literally the AWD version of the base Prestige package. Even the salesman at KIA who just got a SX Prestige admitted he wanted AWD but did not like the look of the X-line so he settled with FWD.
Just get one in Canada 🇨🇦 😹😹

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige FWD in Everlasting Silver
41 Posts
Sorry, I also had a Toyota, for a while when my last BMW was totaled. It had all the items missing from my Sorento. Same price range.
I know I'm repeating what so many others are saying, but I can't believe they left off these features on a $45,000 top model.
My wife’s ‘18 Sportage EX was about $33k and has a sunglasses holder, Homelink mirror, and the doors will lock manually. This seems like a conscious effort to strip these out of the Sorento to maybe push people towards the Telluride for the extra $$.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just get one in Canada 🇨🇦 😹😹
Doesn’t make sense to me from Kia having a factory in Georgia. I would have like to see them like every other car company to actually build a Kia to as much detail the customer wants. For example we can get the moonroof on the ex Premium or sx model. The only real choice I have is the colour of Exterior, seat colour of leather,

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
921 Posts
That is exactly what I mean and I apologize on my wording I said earlier. I would just say that if you want your turbo to thrive off of racing for the higher octane boost you for sure want the 93. But like you said it’s the 400 plus hp cars and trucks that is mostly recommended.
WOW, that sure isn't what you said to me, AAMOF, quite the opposite. FWIW, the comment about "tuning" your car or taking it to a "tuner shop" is Malarky, 99.9% of the buying public isn't going to do that, they're going to drive the factory stock "tuning". Once you start "tuning", all the normal operational wisdom goes out the window and you have to adjust to the characteristics you've "invented" for your unique situation.
Let's refresh your memory about the previous comments. :rolleyes:
have you tested your fuel economy on regular gas to premium gas to see the difference ever in any of your cars? Or have you ever tuned your car or had it hooked up at a tuner shop before? Articles and what people say I don’t read or listen to till you actually try yourself. If you want to see the truth it’s worth it someday to see real results. I’ve done the fuel economy before and had way better results but the cost of fuel where I live it’s not worth it for a everyday car on the road.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento SX Prestige 2021
133 Posts
I guess it all depends on how heavy your foot is.
i drive around town with a light foot and even in Eco it only shows i’m doing 17mpg. When I do Smart I get better, as high as 24 mpg but that’s with extended driving. for short 15 minute drives it doesn’t seem to get good mileage at all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i drive around town with a light foot and even in Eco it only shows i’m doing 17mpg. When I do Smart I get better, as high as 24 mpg but that’s with extended driving. for short 15 minute drives it doesn’t seem to get good mileage at all.
I purposely drive with a light foot and still only like 16 mpg on a good day with short city trips. Funny as soon as I hit the highway it shoots way up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
WOW, that sure isn't what you said to me, AAMOF, quite the opposite. FWIW, the comment about "tuning" your car or taking it to a "tuner shop" is Malarky, 99.9% of the buying public isn't going to do that, they're going to drive the factory stock "tuning". Once you start "tuning", all the normal operational wisdom goes out the window and you have to adjust to the characteristics you've "invented" for your unique situation.
Let's refresh your memory about the previous comments. :rolleyes:
I have had a Kia tuned and didn't even void warranty either. Obviously the population where I live is going to be different from yours any many other people here in the chat. We have at least 10 racing, tuning, specialty shops and doing this to any car from the 60’s to present day car, trucks, suv, etc... street outlaws, door slammers, top alcohol race cars are everywhere. 2 race tracks and 2 quarter mile tracks brings the life to the party.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So Im trying the clarify that the sx presdige line doesn’t have awe? Is the x line a separate trim as well in the states. My dealer in Canada is shaking his head on why the trim levels, options, and why there is so much of a difference between the factories that build for us and Canada. All our Sorento models after lx plus I’m pretty sure are awd. Ours go lx+, lx premium, x-lin, ex, ex +, sx. Most of our Kia models across the board are set to what you get and only can special order the exterior and interior trim and colours.

·
Registered
133 Posts
that’s what caused so much confusion for buyers - it’s a global product with many variations throughout regions. plus the decontenting of the US models was a kicker for American buyers. I had seen the ambient lighting for example online. I test drove my car during the day. and i stupidly just assumed it would have it since it’s the top model that i bought and boy was i surprised the next night

·
Registered
46 Posts
that’s what caused so much confusion for buyers - it’s a global product with many variations throughout regions. plus the decontenting of the US models was a kicker for American buyers. I had seen the ambient lighting for example online. I test drove my car during the day. and i stupidly just assumed it would have it since it’s the top model that i bought and boy was i surprised the next night
I checked for this online and it says they have it offered in the Telluride but in none of the options for the new Sorento. I’m pretty sure I had it in my 16 sportage turbo along the door and dash trim on red. You should try and see if you can find that ad again to question kia on the false advertisement.

·
Registered
133 Posts
No false advertising per se. Just merely looking at the Korean spec models when i was shopping. It’s such a small item but integral to the overall interior experience i just didn’t bother checking that it wasn’t there for the US market. I just assumed it’d be there because 1) it’s the top of the line model i’m getting and 2) other Kia models as well as the industry are offering it. it’s just disappointing that Kia decontented the Sorento as much as they did.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No false advertising per se. Just merely looking at the Korean spec models when i was shopping. It’s such a small item but integral to the overall interior experience i just didn’t bother checking that it wasn’t there for the US market. I just assumed it’d be there because 1) it’s the top of the line model i’m getting and 2) other Kia models as well as the industry are offering it. it’s just disappointing that Kia decontented the Sorento as much as they did.
I did the same thing thinking it has the driver's side auto sliding seat (among other things). When I was researching the vehicle I went to youtube for reviews. Turns out many of what I saw was the Canadian top of the line version which had all that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just found out that the windshield "auto rain sensor " option is not included on the car . It has the normal standard low, high, int. and off .
So, now I can count 4 normal standard options for the top level trim that are missing on the 2021 Kia Sorento SX-Prestige :
1) Memory seats
2) Glasses compartment on top
3) no gas struts for the heavy hood . Instead, they replaced them with a single steel rod .
4) no "auto" rain sensor on the windshield wiper system .
don`t get me wrong : I love the new car , but these omissions are unacceptable on the top luxury trim . I wonder what Kia is thinking in order to eliminate those options from the SX ... My previous two Sorento cars , a 2015 and a 2018 had those options included , so ... (?)
Just to add to the 4 missing options in the I’m geussing usa sx prestige line. In Canada the sx whisk the same to the prestige has memory seats, rain sensing wipers. The glass case overhead is take. Out of every new Kia case line up it’s looking like for the new sos, accident buttons. The struts I haven’t looked into yet but with a tow rate at 3500 pounds I wouldn’t be loading up the back to much to start.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX (Canadian)
10 Posts
The sx prestige is not sold in Canada. You are all very lucky in the states for choosing what you want for options. In Canada you get what they build in that model they built. We now can at least finally build from factory a model that you with the colour, interior colour, etc. I’m going in on Tuesday and ordering my Sorento but sx has been the highest option from I have seen.
For the four items listed the rain sensor on the windshield I wouldn’t want. I have on my 2016 Kia Optima and the sensor sucks. I rather just use the regular setting on every other car.

2 questions I do have
1. does the sx have the glasses compartment on top?
2. are we able to fit the x line roof racks on the sx because I like them better and would like to switch them out in the future.
If you order the SX be prepared to wait....we ordered ours March 12th and are still waiting 13 weeks later. I too looked for a glass holder up by the rear view mirror. It doesn't exist:confused:

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX
11 Posts
I have a Canadian SX, and can confirm that it does have memory seats and rain-sensing wipers, but doesn't have glasses compartment (there isn't even a space for this with the design of that area), and doesn't have gas struts for the hood.

@Campbell722 — I'm pretty sure you can not replace roof racks with the X-Line version without taking apart half of a car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you order the SX be prepared to wait....we ordered ours March 12th and are still waiting 13 weeks later. I too looked for a glass holder up by the rear view mirror. It doesn't exist:confused:
I was going to order the gravity grey but they had one in stock with everlasting grey so I took that one. I was told if I ordered it was going to be 3 to 4 months.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It doesn’t exist because of their new sos, accident, etc buttons. It has replaced it in all their new models I see from pictures. I can always find a new place for them but it was very handy to have them their.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts