Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am REALLY disappointed with the iPOD integration...... but I'm starting to wonder if it's the iPOD?

I'm using a black 60GB model. I'm not sure which generation.
White Apple cable.
2013 Sorento with UVO Premium (No Nav)

1. It doesn't turn on automatically when I change to media on the UVO unit.
2. After I turn the iPOD on by hand, it takes a good 3 minutes to read the media. Every. Single. Time. And it never does this in the background. I have to sit in silence until it reads everything on the iPOD.

I know it's a lot of info to load (but I only have about 20GB on there) and when you put in a USB stick it also takes it a few times to read up the media but then after that, on it's on in an instant. It's been about a week and the iPOD never loads any faster.

My old car had an Alpine head unit with iPOD integration and there was never any kind of delay. You turn on the car, the iPOD woke up and was playing.

So do I have to go back to USB sticks or does something seem wrong here?

It's pretty much useless if the UVO won't wake up the iPOD and it needs to catalog every song before it starts playing.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Not sure about this, I dont have near that much music on mine, and does not take any time at all to start playing. Your using the apple cord for your UVO radio? Or have you tried the OEM Kia ipod cable?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts