Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strike 2 for DCH Kia of Temecula (Cali.). :mad: Won't ever go back...

My 1st visit to my local Kia service center for a simple oil change was screwed up and that should of made me think twice about going back. They took my 2011 SX in and put in 5w-20. Oil grade for the non-turbo. And, they marked my return oil service for 7500 miles instead of the manual stated 5000 mile oil interval. Even after telling them about the oil cap and manual clearing requesting 5w-30 they denied putting that incorrect 5w-20 grade in (said it was simply wrong in the computer). Reluctantly they drained and refilled with correct grade after I complained more.

Now, for my 2nd visit I went in for what should of been a simple warranty fix. Was it? Nope...

I had some "felt/foam" creeping up from under the drivers side dash. Between dash and glass... They had their factory rep. authorize a 4 day rental car for me as they replaced the felt. When I got the car back the windshield was installed wrong (got under dash that way). It's a bit off-center and not seated correctly. Dangerous? No. Ugly and annoying? Yes. Oh, and they cannot even tell me what the felt is for. Sound dampening? Who knows. They joked and said it's not useful and they have no idea what it's for. Great info. Thanks... :huh:

I took it back the next day and they saw what I was seeing. Plus, I showed where they got dirt/grease on my headliner. They agreed it is wrong and would need to be adjusted. They said they'd order a new windshield "seal kit" and have the external windshield company they use come back and properly install it.

A week goes by and I call them to get an update on when I need to come back in. They've changed their tune. Now they say the external windshield company magically remembers that job and assures it is installed correctly. Further, they cannot help me until Kia corp. authorizes the re-repair. They then gave me a 1-800 number to call and file a complaint. Wtf?! They serviced it under warranty, screwed up, admitted it was wrong and verbally said they'd fix, and then a week later tell me to basically F-off and call customer service to file a case?

What bugs me here:

1) In both cases they simply did not pay attention to what they were doing. To me, that's super concerning. They basically don't give a shit about you or your expensive vehicle.

2) They looked at me more than once and told me a lie. Plain and simple lying to their customers sucks.

Questions for you wise Sportage owners:

1) Anyone else have consistent crap service when dealing with Kia? Or, is this fairly isolated and I should find a new service center to go to? I didn't expect service like I get w/ my Audi, but this is rediculous.

2) If I call this number and speak with someone and file a case, will it help? Worse comes to worse, my insurance company will also replace the glass since they "damaged" it. I have a $100 deductible so not a big deal. I just don't have the time to screw around with a long drawn out process. Or, if I call and mention my horrible experiences will they actually have the authority to do something? Will I really gain anything by filing a complaint?

Thanks in advance for reading and offering a suggestion. I'm really not sure what to do in this situation. Again, it's not dangerous to drive IMO, but still not "fixed" and needs to be adjusted by someone.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Change dealers man. Find yourself another and explain why you would like to use their service facilities. Then give them ONE chance, and if they don't perform exactly to your requirements, move on. There's got to be somewhere that can keep you happy.
Don't know what your laws are there, but there is nothing preventing us from using whoever we like to service our Kia. Warranty is (by law) still recognised as long as you use Kia recommended parts and service by the book by a qualified mechanic.
But that doesn't really help when you have to return to Kia for warranty stuff-ups, sorry, fix-ups!

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
Customer service isn't exactly what it use to be in America i guess. Sad,really. Is this the foam you meant? On the picture? Thats suppose to be there and should be on both sides,even on passenger side,to prevent the dashboard to rub against the glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
Sportage SL
40 Posts
SneakyMe

You`ve just destroyed two myth about service in USA that we in Russia believe in.
First: Americans never pay attention to oil change intervals and to the recommendations on oil.
Second: USA car servicemen are customer oriented and very skilled.
Same as everywhere.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage SX
47 Posts
Had my 2012 Sportage in for an oil change at Terry Reed KIA in Cartersville Ga. Since I use Pennsoil Ultra full synthetic, I bring my own oil. On my first oil change they got it all right, but after the second oil change, I found the 5 quart bottle of Pennsoil Ultra still in the boot. Upon notifying the service advisor of this, I got , what seemed like, a sincere apology, and an invitation to bring bring in my SX for a free oil change at my convenience.

I took the SX in the following day and they turned it around in about 1 hour, used the right oil this time, and put in a fresh filter. When the service advisor presented me with the keys, she went through the apology routine again, seemingly sincere, and also provided a voucher for a fill-up at the local Chevron station. Of course, they were fully aware that with less than a 1/4 of a tank of gas in the KIA, that voucher was, in fact, $40 worth of gas. Now that really felt like a sincere apology, and Terry Reed KIA is still at the top of my list for service, because they obviously care about my business.

Some KIA service departments, despite making an occasional mistake, really do try to provide quality service.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Customer service isn't exactly what it use to be in America i guess. Sad,really. Is this the foam you meant? On the picture? Thats suppose to be there and should be on both sides,even on passenger side,to prevent the dashboard to rub against the glass.
Yes! That's it... I can only see that on USA drivers side. Passenger is ok/no showing.

The bummer now (after getting new foam installed) is I can still see it and my windshield is ever so slightly off center and not "tight" against my dash on the inside (or those pillars that support the windshield). Just looks ugly.

One way or another it will get handled. And, it's not dangerous etc. But, annoying of course having to fight to get a repair done correctly.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
Ok cos every single sportage here has it on both sides. Guess its useful for what its suppose to do,prevent dashboard to rub against glass.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok cos every single sportage here has it on both sides. Guess its useful for what its suppose to do,prevent dashboard to rub against glass.
Makes sense. It's odd. I dont remember being able to actually see it (foam) while driving. Meaning, the glass was snug/tight to the dashboard when installed correctly.

I also now have 1/8" to 1/4" gap between glass and those plastic pillar covers which hide the airbags up there. Also, can't remember that being that way before they serviced it. Again, remember it being much tighter.

At least I know what the foam is for now :p

ps... I can't see the foam on my passenger side. Only driver side.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had my 2012 Sportage in for an oil change at Terry Reed KIA in Cartersville Ga. Since I use Pennsoil Ultra full synthetic, I bring my own oil. On my first oil change they got it all right, but after the second oil change, I found the 5 quart bottle of Pennsoil Ultra still in the boot. Upon notifying the service advisor of this, I got , what seemed like, a sincere apology, and an invitation to bring bring in my SX for a free oil change at my convenience.

I took the SX in the following day and they turned it around in about 1 hour, used the right oil this time, and put in a fresh filter. When the service advisor presented me with the keys, she went through the apology routine again, seemingly sincere, and also provided a voucher for a fill-up at the local Chevron station. Of course, they were fully aware that with less than a 1/4 of a tank of gas in the KIA, that voucher was, in fact, $40 worth of gas. Now that really felt like a sincere apology, and Terry Reed KIA is still at the top of my list for service, because they obviously care about my business.

Some KIA service departments, despite making an occasional mistake, really do try to provide quality service.
Good to know. Their service setters/reps are nice. They also apologize if something goes wrong. But, no one seems to supervise service here at this location so I'll be moving elsewhere from now on. It's like no one even looked to make sure the job was done correctly. :(

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
Find another dealer. There are good ones out there. You can get warranty repairs at any dealer in the US.

For your situation, try finding one with their own glass dept, instead of one that sublets. The repair and the process will be quicker, and there will be less chance of something getting screwed up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Find another dealer. There are good ones out there. You can get warranty repairs at any dealer in the US.

For your situation, try finding one with their own glass dept, instead of one that sublets. The repair and the process will be quicker, and there will be less chance of something getting screwed up.
Excellent idea. Thx for the tip. I'll see what I can find in the area. I'm a few minutes north of San Diego so I'm sure there's a decent one down there w/ a glass tech/repair person.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Crosstrek Limited w/ Nav/Sunroof in Orange
96 Posts
Hey SneakyMe, I just posted about a terrible service as well.

Looks like we both have the same year, color, model, options. How do you like your SX? I am happy with mine, and up to this point the service has been fine, but I am immediately changing dealerships. I also been doing my oil changes a lot more frequently than required.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Mike. Funny, I just posted in your thread before reading this. I love my SX as you do. I am now doing my own oil changes to save money and hassle with the local, less than stellar, service center here in Temecula, CA.

Other than the experience through this particular dealer/service center (DCH Kia) I've been happy.

As for oil changes: I had them do it at 10K and I'm about to hit 13K. I just checked the oil and it's a bit dirty. Not horrible, but IMO it's time for a change. It'll be the 1st change I'll be doing myself on this car. Def. not taking to them again ;-)

Anyway, I have a call in and case open with Kia CS. I'll post here what they say once I have time to call back this coming week...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts