Kia Forum banner

Another Aussie Rio!

15K views 80 replies 10 participants last post by  OzSLS 
and maybe I will get an auto electrician to modify the DRLs so that when the headlights go on, the DRLs don't dim automatically.
Bad idea. Also - I'm pretty sure - illegal.
The thing about lighting mods is, if you start to blind people, you'll draw too much attention. Attention is a bad thing when its from the wrong people.

Because you have LED DRL's, they're also the parkers.
And because they're DRL's, they're aimed to point up into people's eyes during the day, so they can see you.
At night, because they're not shielded like the low beams are, they will point up into peoples eyes.
They may not throw much light, but they'll sure as hell be blinding to other people. Ever driven with an oncoming Commodore/Subaru with HID's installed? Blinding, huh.

As for the LED reverse lamps, it depends on what effect you're going for. If you're going for more light and the LED look then there are some excellent ones with lenses around on eBay.

If you can manage to find some rather bright LED/resisted indicators (amber) then let me know. I would love some for the Octy.

As for LED driving lights, I've been looking at these myself, after having 320W worth of Halogen spotties on my Rio. (See sig)
Again, it depends on what look you're going for.
snakeracing.com.au has a pretty good lineup of US-made lights; done by Rigid Industries.
I'm looking at a couple of the Dually D2's or a 20" light bar for my Octavia. Euro high beams are next to useless in our conditions.

Speaking of Euro...
but of course, the almighty mod that every European male has in his car: fluffy dice xD
ok, maybe not...
I resent that!! :p

You guys should try a mis-matched spare.
Limited to 80, you get AMAZING consumption.
My Skoda got 3.5L/100km average, to Sydney... But make sure you have a good audio book.

Blimey...
I'd have thought everyone who buys a Rio would get E10.

I remember my little 1.4 weighed in at around 1.2tonne and pulled 7-8L/100km on average, in town.
Would pull about 6 highway... And 15 on the highway with the 400kg camper trailer. :/

easy done, the car is a stealth military vehicle ;P haha

everywhere you drive you encounter halfwits, more so in the city suburbs though with the yummy mummies in their Merc and BMW SUVs..
Some yummy soccer mummies around here are actually driving Sorento's.
Not sure how I feel about this.

therefore they're not a yummy mummy then.. if they don't drive a car worth more than every car you and your family has ever owned combined, as well as it isn't a European branded car and they can actually park properly, then they don't classify. :p
You MAY be missing the point of a yummy mummy. :p
It has a more rude title, but I won't utter that here.

best one I saw was an X5M with a garmin on the windscreen... the X5M comes standard with satnav doesn't it? but alas, too much money, no brains.
Is this like the diesel BMW 3-series I saw with M3 badges all over it?
(Yes, I'm sure it was diesel. Spewing more smoke than a GQ Patrol!)

not bad mate

we just got back from Albury and did an 'indicated' 6.1 at 110 the whole time.

however if you want the real figures, and have an iphone, download Road Trip and it'll give you a more accurate figure. Anywhere from .5 to 1L higher usually.
I use Fuelly.
Works great!

Tom Jones (Skoda Octavia) | Fuelly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.