Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my
03 sedona SE has a VDO stereo / cd player fitted.

if you are listening to a CD / Radio with the ignition on for example but engine not running. when the car is started the stereo switches off, what I have also noticed is that most other cars including a Rio I used recently the stereo will know what you were listening to eg CD track 4 "3 mins 20 seconds". does the sedonas stereo not have this memory feature? I have also noticed the DVD screen switches off if the engine is switched on too.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
well it shpuld have memeory.... If not the memory wire is not connected in the back of the unit.....
Also if listening to on ac and then turn on it should turn off but start itself again.. And once again this has to do with memory wire not being hooked up...

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
it wont be in the manual... this was supposed to be hooked up when whomever installed it.... you will have to pull unit out to wire the memory wire in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the wires on the back of the sterio are the wrong way round - the memory and the live wires need to be swapped

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
When you are cranking the starter, the radio and DVD should turn off for a second. You can also check your room fuse. It is a 15A fuse under the hood in a yellow fuse remover.

The memory wire IS the "live" wire, and nothing is switched around. It the accessory wire and the memory wire were switched around, the radio would work with the car off.

The DVD player gets it's power from the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts