Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have this annoying rattle coming from the passenger side when I go over uneven pavement or anything bumpy. I thought it was some junk in the glovebox so I took it all out and no change. I cant for the life of me figure out if its the door panel or the glovebox or something else. I know its def not the notorious dash rattle that was in previous models, I am sorta convinced though its the door panel or glove box. Does anyone have a clue and how to fix it?

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Check the rear seat anchor/lock-in points. My wife's Rio had an annoying rattle that seemed to be coming from the left hand side (somewhere - sounded different wherever I sat!) - Kia Service diagnosed the lock for fold-down rear seat (left hand side) and adjusted - all good now.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio EX
34 Posts
I had a rattle from a loose bolt on the exhaust heat shield. Take it to the dealer if its under warranty.

·
Registered
Red Kia Rio SX
11 Posts
This may sound silly but are you sure its not just something in your glovebox or in the side door pocket that is rattling around. Something like a coin or flashlight. I only suggest that because its happened to me where I hear an annoying rattle and I come to find out its a stray penny in my glovebox.

Edit: Apparently when I read that on my phone a few hours ago I didnt notice that you said you already checked for that. Must be blind or something. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
Might pull the panel and see if there's a nut/bolt/screw/rock/something that was placed inside the door itself. I heard disgruntled employees at the manufacturer do that sometimes.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Nav Graphite/Tan
73 Posts
A few years ago I had a 2006 Grand Vitara that had an annoying rattle in the passenger side. After my divorce the rattle was gone.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
I have a Dash rattle too .Had my dealer work on it but it or a different one came back.I think some of it's due to the 17"wheels & sport suspension in the SX. I'll let the Dealer give it another go or otherwise TURN UP THE VOLUME of the so-so UVO Radio. Other than that great little car.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 EX
5 Posts
Check your door latch plate. My front passenger door would rattle when I went over rough roads. I would push on the door and the rattle would stop. Brought it into the dealership and they couldn't find the problem. I went out to my car and found the door latch plate would squeek/rattle when I would push up and down on it. One of the mouting screws wasn't tight. Dealership tightened the screw and the problem was fixed.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Pro_cee'd GT Tech
85 Posts
My front passenger door panel has a rattle as does the drivers door and also the air vent on the right hand side.

The annoying thing is it only happens on certain road surfaces, never usually all at the same time.

To find out where it was occurring I would push on the panel when the noise occurred (whilst driving) or get a passenger to do it.

When I took it in to be looked at it neer happened....very annoying :mad:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still have not found the rattle quite yet. It is really driving me crazy, it went from a rattle to a tinking sound like small stones are hitting the inner wheel well on top of the original sound. I pulled the door panel at the top and I see theres a piece of foam in between the door and the top edge where it meets the window, I pushed on it and sort of got the rattle noise I was hearing, but the tinking sound I cant figure out? How hard are these door panels to pop off? My old car was a nightmare to get the door panel off and it was never right again after it. Any guidance/thoughts is appreciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts