Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 2.4L LX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I was loving Android Auto on my Sorento 2019 until a few months back when I accepted the automatic update of the Android Auto app on my cellphone. Android Auto stopped working around that time so I've made an association between the two. I took it in for a check with my Kia dealer but they all plugged in their phones and it worked fine. I plugged mine in with the same cable seconds later and it gives a 'Phone failed to connect' error after about 20 seconds of blank screen. My wife's phone also got the Android Auto update and has stopped working since.

I called Kia Canada and they don't plan on releasing updates for the entertainment system :|

Anyone got any clues on how I might get Android Auto working again?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX-V6
152 Posts
Delete the cache on the AA app on your phone, delete the app after and reinstall. There is something wrong with your phone for sure. Or maybe try to do a full reset of your radio on the car ?

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 2.4L LX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you reset the car system?

I'd already tried flushing the cache and uninstall/reinstall but it didn't help :(

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX-V6
152 Posts
Did you tried to search before ask that ?

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 2.4L LX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually did search but only found videos linking to older radios. I figured I'd find a pinhole somewhere on mine anyway but I didn't. Just rechecked though and found it near the top. Resetting by pressing it didn't help things :( It didn't seem like a factory reset and more of just a reboot though. Is there a more 'serious' factory reset?

I flushed the cache, uninstalled android auto and reinstalled it again. First time I plugged in the cable it came up fine - couldn't get it to come back again though on subsequent cable unplug/replug attempts. I'm gonna reset my phone to factory defaults and see if that works. Stupid phone.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 2.4L LX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I've tried the original that came with my phone and 2 others. Doesn't seem to make much difference. I've just factory reset my phone so we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 2.4L LX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So after a full factory reset on my phone things are working fine now for Android auto.
Still find it weird that my wife's pixel 2 stopped working the same day as my OnePlus 5 did but I'm putting it down to coincidence.
Thanks everyone for advice and help.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX Turbo AWD
33 Posts
Just in case someone else has this issue, something to try in addition to uninstalling/reinstalling/resetting the Android Auto phone app, is to also delete your bluetooth pairing and re-pair. I believe the bluetooth pairing is also used in parallel with Android Auto and maybe it was a contributor to the issue?

·
Registered
2019 Sorento 2.4L LX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had tried that too a couple of times. it worked on the first re-pairing but then went back to not working again the next time I jumped back in the car.
It sucks to have reset my phone but at least now it works every time :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts