Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am having Android Auto problems with my 2020 Kia Soul. It works and then disconnects. I take the usb plug out and then plug it in agin and then it reconnects for a couple of minutes and then disconnects. My Kia dealership said to get a high quality USB cable, which I did and it is still happening, especially when I use the Sirius XM app. I have a Samsung Galaxy A10 phone. What can I do to fix?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I will say this.......first of all,we no longer own our Kia but as far as Android Auto goes:

I can personally can not connect to AA anymore. It worked great for just over a year. Then it wouldn't connect to my Kenwood receiver and I would have to reboot. Soon after that, I would reboot and it would connect but the screen would freeze.

Everywhere I read they say to uninstall the updates, delete the cache, and replace the cable to a high end cable.

I've done it all, and even did a factory restore to my phone and I still to this day cannot connect to AA. My last effort will be to update the firmware on my Kenwood to see if that works.

Android kicked out an update sometime ago, and it really messed up alot of phones (especially Samsung devices) in connection with AA.

For now I just connect by BT.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul
1 Posts
I have just purchase a used 2020 Kia Soul. I have a Galaxy A10, with Android 9 and the latest updates. I just downloaded Android Auto for the first time from the google play store, and it is the most recent version. I have bought 2 different high-quality USB cables and tried them both.

I have this exact same issue, and it is consistent. My car recognizes the connection, but once I start using Android Auto to look at maps, it disconnects between 10 and 30 secs. If I keep the console on the radio or general menu, it could stay connected for up to an hour. Android Auto is unusable to me. When this happens, the console rapidly alternates between being connected by USB to being disconnected. And when I mean rapidly, the text blurs so you can see both messages at the same time. This happens continuously until I disconnect the cable. If I re-insert, it reconnects just fine.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just purchase a used 2020 Kia Soul. I have a Galaxy A10, with Android 9 and the latest updates. I just downloaded Android Auto for the first time from the google play store, and it is the most recent version. I have bought 2 different high-quality USB cables and tried them both.

I have this exact same issue, and it is consistent. My car recognizes the connection, but once I start using Android Auto to look at maps, it disconnects between 10 and 30 secs. If I keep the console on the radio or general menu, it could stay connected for up to an hour. Android Auto is unusable to me. When this happens, the console rapidly alternates between being connected by USB to being disconnected. And when I mean rapidly, the text blurs so you can see both messages at the same time. This happens continuously until I disconnect the cable. If I re-insert, it reconnects just fine.
The Kia dealership said I needed a high quality usb cable, which I got and it worked for a month and then android auto just freezes between 1-15 minutes after I connect. Then dealership said it may be the phone. I went to a T-Mobile store to get my phone checked out and was told the phone is fine and should work. I think it is an Android Auto program issue so I am calling the customer service number next. It is so annoying! I listen to XM radio all the time and have to keep unplugging the usb and plugging it in again for android auto to connect. Frustrating! I do not know why in Kia no longer offers XM radio on all Soul models. In 2020t they got rid of it except for the higher models.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
621 Posts
I do not know why in Kia no longer offers XM radio on all Soul models. In 2020t they got rid of it except for the higher models.
I suspect it's because they didn't get enough people buying the XM subscription to subsidize the costs with the lower priced models. It's all about the dollars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts