Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be installing a new amplifier and 2 12" subs, and I need to run a 4 guage power cable to my battery. Id rather not punch a hole in my firewall if I dont have to, so Id like to know if anyone knows where the factory wiring goes through the firewall.

Anyone know where that hole is before I start drilling?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts
Originally posted by americruzano@Jan 11 2005, 12:25 PM
Ill be installing a new amplifier and 2 12" subs, and I need to run a 4 guage power cable to my battery. Id rather not punch a hole in my firewall if I dont have to, so Id like to know if anyone knows where the factory wiring goes through the firewall.

Anyone know where that hole is before I start drilling?
Im not to sure about where it is on a rio but maybe same location as sephia. its almost dead center on the firewall!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
57 Posts
Its under the brake booster (the big black circle under your hood LOL). The easiest thing to do is get a good flashlight, crawl under your dash on the drivers side and find a black "oblong'ed" shaped rubber gromet and pull it out. There are no wires that run through it. What I did was punch a hole in it slightly smaller than my wire and poke the wire through the hole then put the gromet back. It should make a tight seal if done that way. Good luck!

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.