Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 KIA Sedona
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion (based on experience), the highly advertised and self-proclaimed "America's Best Warranty" endlessly touted by Hyundai and Kia is quite frankly a sham. Basically they make millions on this fictitious claim which has little or no merit base because they rarely ever pay out on it. Of course they will have you jump through hoops on maintenance records for even none maintenance failure.
If ever you vehicle's engine prematurely fails they will deceive you with claims that the cause was not a "Drive Train" issue. For example, say at 7 years/78k miles an intake manifold “butterfly” valve falls off and into your engine and it blows... Ask them if that is covered under their "Best Warranty"?...
World Auto Group (DMV Facility ID#: 7096963), d/b/a Autoworld Kia, 2520 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow New York 11554, Tel.: 516-935-7449, [email protected] just handed me a $9,000 repair bill! They won’t even give me a written explanation stating their non-coverage.
Bottom line……. Stay with the "Good Guys".

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
They must have handed you a written estimate BEFORE doing the work and making out the bill... I know in Ohio you would have a great legal case against them...
As for the $9,000 repair on a 2004 Sedona.... I would have had my KIA towed out of there.
Ebay has these engines for under $1,500 with 80k miles on them.
Add another $1000 for labor (if that high) and you're no where near $9,000.
NYC is known for their KIA crooks...Just look at the threads here...

I wouldn't have bought a "new" engine for a 8~9yr old car...
Something isn't "right" with your post...
Dave

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Yeah seems like there are alot of missing holes in this story, ive seen this exact issue be covered. There is a lot more to this then you had a problem and didnt get what you wanted. There are plenty of cases where KIA has gone above and beyond to uphold their warranty claims. Ive seen alot of them first hand. Your story doesnt phase in the least I just bought my 3rd KIA in the last 3 years. Great company.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
There are a lot of people out there that ONLY tell a SMALL part of the story. We never hear the WHY it was not covered under warranty. Maybe the person never changed the oil. Maybe they are OUT of warranty, but because they 2 mionths "out" they think the car company "sholud cover it anyways"! I've work at dealership's for a very long time. You would never believe what I have seen over the years.
As far as Kia goes, they very good at covering the car under warranty. Sure there are times when a customer comes in with 80.000 miles with a rear end worn out....they have never chaged there rear diff oil. Kia says no, it is not covered under there warranty. I've also seen where they call Kia and they get it covered or they get the parts covered. We would need the WHOLE story!

·
Registered
2 x 2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD
19 Posts
I agree, NY and some other places out west are known to deceive the customers and stick them with a bill. If you have records for work done at other facilities Kia will investigate the way they do it and if it is wrong make you sue them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts