Kia Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
955 Posts
The 80 series SUV starts at $50K so I expect the 70 series to start at $40K or so. The base model of the 70 will probably have all of the features of the SX which is about $32K. So I'm not so sure it is "way out of the price range".....
You make lots of assumptions.....

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,152 Posts
You make lots of assumptions.....
Not really. Currently, the G70 starts at $35k and the G80 at $42K. So, since the price of the GV80 is already pegged at $50K, the starting price of the GV70 is almost guaranteed to be in the low 40's. It will be a great buy at that price. The only assumption I'm using is that the ratio between the 80 series and 70 series will remain approximately the same. You don't think that is an extremely reasonable assumption?

·
Registered
2020 Sportage EX Tech, 2015 Sportage EX Luxury
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Right but....I’ve never seen instant read ambient thermometer in a sales brochure for a Lexus.

Just thinking about it some more, I don’t think it always starts out at the temperature it was at when it was last turned off. Time for some more observations and investigation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never thought the temperature would be the same as it was when the vehicle was shut off., but other vehicles I've owned are within one or two degrees of the actual temperature when starting the vehicle. I have a 2010 GMC Acadia and if it is -5 outside, the reading in the car is -5 when the car is started. There is no slowing moving from +5 down to -5. My Sportage 2015 also read the temperature accurately, no movement up and down.

Reactions: Rachel B

·
Registered
2020 Sportage EX Tech, 2015 Sportage EX Luxury
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You seriously can't tell the difference between 40 degrees and 25 degrees just by stepping outside. Or, possibly by looking at windows (no frost = above freezing, frost = below freezing). This whole post seems like a lot of noise over something extremely trivial. Reminds me of the children's book "When You Give a Mouse a Cookie". The more "extras" manufacturers put on a car, the more they open themselves to trivial complaints.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Not sure it is trivial. Just stating a fact. My previous Sportage was different to the one now. If it has a thermometer on the car it should be accurate. Would you say the same about the oil pressure gauge, or the speedometer? One should be able to tell the difference between 30 kph and 150 kph, then you don;t need the speedometer.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,152 Posts
Not sure it is trivial. Just stating a fact. My previous Sportage was different to the one now. If it has a thermometer on the car it should be accurate. Would you say the same about the oil pressure gauge, or the speedometer? One should be able to tell the difference between 30 kph and 150 kph, then you don;t need the speedometer.
My thermometer is very accurate. It only takes a couple of minutes to get the correct outside temp when there is a big difference. Also remember that the heat from the engine will affect the temperature when standing still. It requires air going over the sensor to get the right temp...

Reactions: SSportage

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
384 Posts
I've never thought the temperature would be the same as it was when the vehicle was shut off., but other vehicles I've owned are within one or two degrees of the actual temperature when starting the vehicle. I have a 2010 GMC Acadia and if it is -5 outside, the reading in the car is -5 when the car is started. There is no slowing moving from +5 down to -5. My Sportage 2015 also read the temperature accurately, no movement up and down.
It isn't necessarily the same temp as when you shut it off. I drove mine awhile yesterday morning and the temp settled to 36 degrees F (which is what it registered when I shut it off). Four hours later I started it and it came up reading 56 degrees F. After driving about 2 miles it settled to 47 degrees F. and stayed steady at that temp until I parked it again.

I don't know if the rise in temp during that 4 hour shutdown was due to engine heat soak, or direct sun light, or both.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
So it sounds like there may be something defective with mine based on other comments. That makes a lot more sense to me than the idea that it’s designed to work that way on purpose.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage LX
52 Posts
Mine doesn't take 10 minutes but it does take two or three minutes to stabilize at the correct temperature which I would figure is normal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine doesn't take 10 minutes but it does take two or three minutes to stabilize at the correct temperature which I would figure is normal.
Its not just the time it takes to adjust, its that its 25 degrees off when I start the car. Ambient temperature would be 50 and the readout shows 25, which is what it was when I parked jn the morning. After 10 minutes or so of driving it finally gets to 50.

It may be a design trait that people would never notice if you don’t live somewhere with such big temperature swings. I was just trying to understand why it would be designed that way or how it could fail that way. Curiosity mostly.

Thanks for your observations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Sportage LX
52 Posts
Sounds like a trip to the dealer as something is wrong with your temperature gauge.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage EX
1 Posts
I have the same problem. The outside temperature reading on my 2020 Sportage has been off by as much as thirty degrees when I start it. It takes a long time adjusting until it gets to what might be, or might be close to but who knows, an accurate reading. By the time it is possibly correct I am at work. I’ve gotten nowhere with this issue with the dealership and with Kia consumer services. My two previous Kia’s, both Optimas, did not have this problem. The temperature reading was accurate from the start.
I purchased the 2020 Sportage EX Tech and have noticed the ambient temperature reading is not correct and takes a long time to correct itself after the vehicle starts to move. Today the temperature was 1C when I left the house and the reading on the dash started at 7C and takes anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes to correct itself and I'm not really sure the reading is actually correct.

The 2015 Sportage EX Luxury was correct from the time the car was started and never moved.

Any suggestions?
USA
2020 Kia Sportage EX

BTW, I just got home and parked the car. The outside temperature is reading 115 degrees Fahrenheit but the true outside temperature is 84 degrees Fahrenheit. Why have this if it isn’t even close to accurate???

My two previous Optimas gave accurate outside temperature from the start. No good reason why my new Sportage is off by as much as thirty degrees when I start it and takes the whole ride to work to become accurate.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage S
209 Posts
Higher than ambient temp readings are normal here until you start driving. I dont know where the readings are taken but it is a Kia specific problem.

To be fair, I don't park under shade during the day and I live in Phoenix, AZ so we will routinely be above 110° in summer and will approach 120° often enough.

2007 Nissan Sentra (white paint color several years ago).

2020 Kia Sportage S (these days it was already hot 100+°)

·
Registered
2020 Sportage S
209 Posts
This part week:

Within a few minutes it had cooled down to 115° or so to ambient and I live 4 miles from this location. It dropped a degree every few seconds sitting in the parking lot where I was as soon as I started the engine.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage sx | 2016 M4
18 Posts
I have the same problem. The outside temperature reading on my 2020 Sportage has been off by as much as thirty degrees when I start it. It takes a long time adjusting until it gets to what might be, or might be close to but who knows, an accurate reading. By the time it is possibly correct I am at work. I’ve gotten nowhere with this issue with the dealership and with Kia consumer services. My two previous Kia’s, both Optimas, did not have this problem. The temperature reading was accurate from the start.

USA
2020 Kia Sportage EX

BTW, I just got home and parked the car. The outside temperature is reading 115 degrees Fahrenheit but the true outside temperature is 84 degrees Fahrenheit. Why have this if it isn’t even close to accurate???

My two previous Optimas gave accurate outside temperature from the start. No good reason why my new Sportage is off by as much as thirty degrees when I start it and takes the whole ride to work to become accurate.
Sensor is in cabin?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts