Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With "soft" suspension you experience less of the little bumps and irregularities, as opposed to "stiff" suspension where you can feel a pebble on the road - and I realize nothing is perfect and you have to accept trade-offs in life, but...

now that I've had my Amanti for a month or so, I've decided I don't like the bouncing effect I get after I've negotiated a decent sized dip or bump. So much so that I want to stiffen it up just a bit - it's just *way* too soft.

Is there an adjustment that can be made or does it require swapping out shocks? If anyone else has done this mod please share your experience. I don't want to do anything to mess up my warranty, but the bouncing is very annoying.

Thanks!

p.s. I think it was Consumer Reports that mentioned the too-soft suspension in their report on the Amanti as well. They also said it had the worst ride of all in its class. Ouch!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with you on the soft suspension, ride is nice, however at high speed (70 MPH) a sudden pull-out can almost seem to loose control. Just finished a trip from Toronto to Miami. I know that H&R Springs has a Spring Kit for tghe Amanti, Stiffens suspension by about 20%, but also lowers car by 1-1/2" - I like the height and prefer not to lower it.
Has anyone had any experience with stiffening the suspension?

Merrill

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
51 Posts
One thing I found out is the tires have a lot to do with the sway and roll. I put 20" rims and Z rated tires on mine and it handles much better. The back end still has that float to it but not as bad. You might just want to go to a higher performance tire that fits the stock wheel. The original equipment tires are pretty cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts