Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Amanti
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get rid of the bounce in my wife's 2004 Amanti.So here's what I did: Purchased a set of H&R Sport Springs from Autocarparts.com. Purchased a new set of struts from AutoPartsGiant.com (Front=Monroe72244, Rear=Monroe71115). These are 1/2 the price of dealer ripoffs and the ride is outstanding. Also bought a Pittsburgh #03890 spring compressor from Harbor Freight to make the swap($14.00). This is not a quick job if you've never done one but it is worth every bit of time spent.The car sits about 2"lower. I have stock 16's on it and the ride is firm but not rough.It handles better and is more responsive. This car is gray. I put a Precision Grille on it, sprayed the vertical lines of the grille flat black in alternating sets of 4. I'll post a picture here in the next few days. Hope this helps you guys with this subject. It is no secret used Amanti's are the best buy on the market and the biggest bang for the buck. I gave $16K for hers 2 years ago with 17K miles on it. It has been a terrific car and is a pleasure to crank on the open road. Not to mention the good looks.
Adios from DennyV :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts