Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, amanti owner since Oct 04.We love the car(we refer to it as the poor man's
mercedes or the korean mercedes.Anyway does anybody know about the esp system?? Sometimes you can activate it when you start the car and other times you cannot.It can be somewhat confusing ,because you dont know if its on or not.We live in a climate that the roads get fairly slippery,so it would be good to know. thanks craig b canada

·
Registered
11 Posts
:D
Craig - the ESP is always on unless you turn it off with the switch on the dash.
It automatically defaults to ON when the car is shut off.
I am also from the 'Frozen North' (just north of Toronto) & I have found the ESP to work quite well, much better than the Traction Control in my 2001 Hyundai XG
(which I loved & had no problems) which seem to completely cut off power when there was wheel spin. The Kia ESP just seems to limit power. I put on Perelli 210 Winter Tires as well and they add a lot of traction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, in the manual it states when you turn the car on ESP should flash[and then be on] then dissapear. If you want to toggle between on and off press the ESP button
but, not while it is blinking,[read cautions]
When you start the car up and it says ESP OFF take it in for service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.