Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2010 Borego I have sirius radio/fm/am/ cd. AM reception is poor and dealer has tried several antennas. Works sometimes on AM. Then becomes noisy. Dealer is ordering Borrego antenna for AM. Has anyone eldse had am reception problems. Believe problem is in match in antenna impedance ?????

·
Registered
Kia Borrego
1 Posts
Hopefully this will awake this thread, but my 2009 Borrego has been getting worse AM reception as the weeks/months have gone by. I replaced the stock radio with a aftermarket Pioneer head unit and it seems the problem has got progressively worse. Its at the point if I drive under a single power/phone lins that is 50 ft above me will set off interference. This is beyond frustrating. I wonder if the connection between the head unit and antenna is poorly made. When I installed the radio I noticed if I hold the connection tightly together the reception is prime, but I obviously can't hold the connector all the time as it will be eventually be placed behind my head unit. Has anyone tried to manipulate the connection to create a tighter fit?

·
Registered
Borrego 2009
74 Posts
My '09 AM reception has been getting progressively worst. I live in a rural area and 80+ mile stations that are received well on other cars is just ignition noise.

The GPS failed today and now only gives a message of an illegal operation. Took the radio with it. Going to try a hard boot just for grins.

·
Registered
26 Posts
FM reception isn't great either

I never listen to AM but I can say i'm not real impressed with the FM reception either when it gets cloudy or high humidity. I notice a drop in quality in my other car too, but not as pronounced as in the borrego. It has the fancy navigation unit and the system really sounds superb pluged into an ipod, on xm or with a cd, but the FM reception really leaves something to be desired.

Some days I get good reception quality and sometimes its garbage. I quite suprised in the level of variation.

·
Registered
Borrego V6 4X4 EX
9 Posts
I was getting great radio reception (AM/FM/XM-sattalite) and still do but I am going to buy a Shark Fin antenna. When I took my vehicle in for service I didn't notice that my antenna had been broken off, breaking the mounting base as well, until after I got the car home. (The dealer said "It couldn't have happened here, it must have been broken when you dropped it off." Like Hell........ topic for a different thread)
Anyway, Google Shark Fin. They color match your vehicle, or you can go with black. The are more than just for looks they are fully functional antenna's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts