Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, got my sorento crdi auto xs 6 march and what a car!! nice car to drive and its got all i need in a car. now the problem. my car came into uk via cyprus saving 4k, good saving thinks me!! got a problem with cruise control so calls local dealer. alls going well til i say car came via cyprus!! different attitude from dealer and told to contact kia-uk. contacts kia-uk, they tell me cos car came from cyprus it will never be on kia-com system (why???), but they will honour warranty work, suits me fine but i must find out whos responsible for informing me of any safety recalls!!

calls dealer back with info and told to bring car in next day 30 march, dealer calls back within two mins saying they dont have part and to bring it in 6 april at 10 30. dealer calls at 09 25 on the day and says they dont have part and to bring car in
next day at 10 30. dealer calls back at 15 00 and says they dont and wont have part for some time cos its on BACK ORDER and will call me when part arrives..............now 13 april and no word from dealer.

so what do you think?? am i being messed about?? i would like to hear opinion of murphwitz on this,
cheers

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks to all who replied. car is full uk spec and murph i dont know what part im waiting for cos i was told at first point of contact that it was a remapping of ecu but maybe they are renewing ecu harness?? no they havnt seen car. problem is when cruise is set at 60mph or thereabouts it switches itself off, nothing spectacular of a problem i agree but i'm thinking if this is what happens in a minor fault, what sort of service will i get in a vor situation??

yes i know i saved 4k sorentoman but its uk spec built in the same factory as yours so whats the difference?? car was purchased in cyprus (europe) and shipped here 2 uk (europe) car has pan-european warranty so whats the difference?? the diff is 4k in my hip pocket that dealer never got!!!

im quite sure sorentoman you would rather keep the 4k in your hip, no???

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks again for all comments. d4dek sorry to hear of your probs but in my opinion the sorento is a excellent car being let down by some dealers "who gives a toss??" attitude. in years gone by it was dodgy far east cars that were as reliable as british rail!! today you have the likes of the sorento which is a product the koreans can be proud of, but without proper back up from dealers.

murph im just off phone to dealer. the part they are waiting for is a "part renewal of ecu wiring harness"?? and will call me when part arrives. to be fair the guy i spoke to seemed to know exactly what he was about and said it was a known fault.
can you throw any more light on this??

I will let you know how things progress
cheers

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
paul car was purchased from finnie 4x4 peterhead 01779 473 552, all his vehicles are imported from cyprus so as to keep warranties intact. speak to the man, im sure he will do you a good deal

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kia dealer: its all down to getting the car at the cheapest price, no matter where its sourced. I wouldnt care if car came in to uk via kabul, so long as warranty is intact. kia uk have told me in a round about way that they would rather not touch my car, so as to keep dealers happy!!!! aye right!!!

by eu law they must honour the warranty, cos vehicle was purchased in europe, so now that we brits are aware of this, maybe we should all purchase our cars this way and let britain service, repair and maintain vehicles, or maybe these "dealers" should think about cutting their margin????? dont think so somehow.

I will never purchase a vehicle from a main dealer again, knowing what i know now. the sooner buyers get wise to european warranty the better, then that just might make these "dealers" cut their prices, .............na im being silly!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.