Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to hear you feel you are being messed about. I to have some issues with my dealers that really get my back up. I ordered a part 6 weeks ago and paid for it there and then. Asked them to phone me once it was in so I could get it fitted. I phoned them up last week and was passed from one guy to the next. In the end they said they would get the service guy to ring me back. A week later still no call from them so I drops in to see them. See the service guy who then tells me the part has been in for 4 weeks ! Asks why no-one has bothered to ring me, answer "dunno mate". Asks why he didn't ring me after leaving messages, "dunno mate, no one's told me" And to top it all, the fitting costs are £180 for a bloody switch. Shame they didn't mention that when I originally enquired. It's annoying to think it's people like you and me who keep these type in work by buying from them and as soon as you require or even expect some sort of service, they can't be bothered. That's just one issue, there are more !! I love the car to bitz but I am seriously thinking of dropping it now cos of this. No other KIA dealer for miles. Spose at the end of the day I should have guessed it would be this way, buying a KIA trying to save money was a false economy...in my humble opinion of course.

· Registered
67 Posts
I agree whole heartedly that the Sorento is good quality buy and meets everything I need from a vehicle in this bracket. It's not the "best" car I have ever owned but for the money it is very good. Just to echo what Murph said, it's a shame the brand is being let down by a handful of dealers who, like it's been said, takes your money and then has the "couldn't give a toss" attitude. There are, I imagine some very good dealers out there, shame mine isn't one of them. And it's not the guys in the workshops, they do a fine job, it's their managers and the other"suits" who take the calls and give customers the run around. A dealership even the brand will live or die by the way they treat their customers and yes, we can vote with our feet and find another dealer to go to. Trouble is there aren't that many around compared to other franchises and really at the end of the day we shouldn't have to go looking elsewhere cos of poor service should we?? Maybe it's that I expect too much from a dealer, I dunno. That said, it isn't just KIA dealers. My wife has an MG TF and the dealer is appalling. She gets all her servicing etc done at a Peugeot garage and they're cheaper. Shame the warranty is now dead and buried though !!! :crying:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.