Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Does seem some dealers are letting the brand down, all I can say is, please contact KIA UK with any complaints if you can't get satisfaction from your dealer, KIA UK will send this complaint to the dealer to respond to them within 24 hours, and you will get a result.

Parahandy, what part are you waiting for?
Have they even looked at your car to decide what is actually wrong with it?

· Registered
1,034 Posts
If they are correct in saying it needs an ecu remap, then they are talking out of there arses saying they need to wait for parts, any remapping programs are all on the prgramming card of the Hi-scan diagnostics computer.
There are only 2 ecu upgrades for the Sorento currently, and neither are cruise issues.
I'd say it's more than likely a misadjusted switch for starters, but without even seeing the car I can't make a diagnosis, seems your 'dealer' can.
I think you need to be more forceful, you have a warranty, and you expect it to be honoured!
Get it booked to see why the cruise is disengaging!
Hopefully it's an easily repeatable fault? because it would be easy for them to say, no fault found and do nothing. <_<

· Registered
1,034 Posts
There is one consideration, KIA pays for any warranty work carried out, months after the fact, and at anytime can charge back warranty work to the dealer, so the dealer will make sure the warranty is valid prior to carrying out any work, the fact that the vehicle may not be listed on KiaKom does add a complication, as the vehicle won't be recognised when a warranty claim is submitted.
So anyone who does import NEEDS to get KIA UK to get thier vehicle onto the KiaKom system to prevent this happening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.