Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2008 Kia Sedona LX 3.3L V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm replacing the alternator and have one wire hanging out that I don't know where it goes. Please see picture. I have a feeling it came out of the connector plug? Or was it the ground directly on the alternator?
Auto part Metal Scaled reptile Electric blue Python

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a plug right by the alternator. I'll try and put the cable in there again ... anyone know what it is for?

In the above pictures (there's actually two images, you'll see when you hover over it), you see that the location for this plug is right under alternator. on't know who's idea that was, but they suck. I mean the location sucks. Not sure I can plug it in with the alternator in place? Either way, my quick fix of electrical tape didn't work and the plug came right back off. Kept it off for now. Still would be good to know what it's for though ... seems to be a sensor for the engine?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I wouldn't mind that at all - the a/c hasn't been working for years ... I have a feeling it has something to do with oil sensing, but not sure. I'll start the car tomorrow after the silicone had some time to cure (valve cover gasket repair). Thanks for your answer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts