Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 (08) 2.0CRDI Pro_Cee'd Sport
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery warning light came on as i got to work this morning. Went out when i finished work and car wouldnt turn over. AA came out, got it started with a booster pack but the battery wasnt charging so said the alternator is done. Managed to drive it to the kia garage just along the road from me and its parked in the car park. It's an 08 2.0 CRDI pro ceed, 1st 3 services done by kia and the last one was done and stamped by a vat registered garage and using kia parts. Would the alternator be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
It should be but a stamp in the service book is not enough proof on its own. It clearly states in the service book you will need to provide invoices to prove what work has been done and parts used. Anyone can buy a stamp off e-bay, Kia don't fall for that scam.

·
Registered
Pro Ceed 2 1.6 CRDi (113)
182 Posts
You would expect a alternator to be covered, I know the battery is only covered for 2 years and aslong as you have receipts for the 4th service then you should be ok.

·
Registered
2008 (08) 2.0CRDI Pro_Cee'd Sport
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i realise they may ask for the invoice and i do have it in case they asked.

But it has not been needed. They said it is covered under the warranty, and they said the car is covered under warranty (without even checking my service book!). They confirmed it was the alternator, they've ordered a new one and it should be there tomorrow! Happy days!

·
Registered
Many, KIa Ceed 1.6 crdi auto at the moment
103 Posts
I am more than surprised you got an alternator under warranty for all manufactures step sideways on electrical units

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
I am more than surprised you got an alternator under warranty for all manufactures step sideways on electrical units
Why are you surprised. It is not in the list of excluded items which are all service wear related ones.

And why you think manufacturers side step electrical failures I have no idea, even Ford replaced me amn aalternator once.

·
Registered
2016 KIA Rio 1 Air 1.25 petrol manual
37 Posts
im sorry to hijack this thread, but i am getting some squeal noises from my car belt and now i noticed my alternator copper wiring inside is started to turn black, would they replace my alternator if the car is still running ok, i checked the voltage and it takes a min or so to register 14v from the 12v on start up

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
Kia guarantee

Well done Kia.

Tell John Franklyn that, he does not think the warranty is worth keeping going.
Hello skidlid,
Long memory, but not matching mine. I used the Kia guarantee for new drop links on my old Pro Ceed, but yet to claim on my new Pro Ceed, now three years old. Yorkshire folk a bit like Aberdonions, don't waste anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts