Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Carnival 2007
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carnival 2007, auto deisal, left hand drive, Philippines.

When I am driving, both the alternator and brake warning light come on together, then both go off intermittently, but its gradually getting worse.
I took it to local Kia agent, they first suspected the alternator and battery, but they both checked out good with the charging . So now they have not got a clue.
So they are suggesting they will replace the battery, alternator and main solenoid, etc, these I first have to pay for, if they are wrong, then I lose the money, the battery is new but not a Kia original.
Their diagnostic check kit showed clear on codes etc.

I cannot check the wiring diagram, as its on their computer and the garage will not let me view it. Also I am unable to access the USA kia website for the wiring diagrams.

Any ideas guys??

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
432 Posts
I had the same. It turned out to be the alternator. Oil was dripping slowly from the valve cover onto the alternator brush pack causing the brushes and slip ring to wear.. new valve gasket and a new alternator..When the battery goes flat enough the CEL and ABS will also come on due to lack of battery voltage, IF IT IS THE SAME as mine All fixed.
Cheers Brian

·
Registered
Carnival 2007
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the car back to the garage, and there is no leaks anywhere, and alternator dry externally.
Kia electrician walked away, did not want to get to know about it, the problem here they will start to replace everything that they guess could be the problem until its fixed, and then I end up with a wopping great bill.
They are not engineers, just unit replacement guys.
I really need to see a wiring cct of the system, I could probably work out where the problem is.
Anybody can send me a copy please??

·
Registered
1 Posts
alternator problem

Greetings
I have a similar problem, where the alternator is not charging the battery, I have new battery and replaced the alternator but still no charging.

if you got a cct diagram I appreciate if you may pass it to me

·
Registered
Carnival 2007
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiring diagram wanted

I have seen a link to the wiring diagrams for kia on this forum, but it appears to be only for use within the USA, I could not access it. I am hoping some kind soul will go in and copy the files for me. Its for a Carnival 2007 thank you. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My (Spectra) is doing the same thing, suspected Gas leak, but have replaced the alternator twice, and the battery once.... Was looking into the BCM? but still digging...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts