Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

We just got a (free!) Sephia that is having alternator problems. I don't have the car here at the moment, so if I post something incorrect, please don't beat me too hard :blink:

To the best of my knowledge it is an '96 sedan with a DHOC 16 valve engine and an automatic tranny. The alternator is attatched to the block, but it has no tensioning bracket. We have a bracket that was on the car, attatched with a hoseclamp to a heater hose (I think). We cannot seem to figure out how to attatch this bracket to the engine. It has no markings, so we are not even sure it is the correct part.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome.

The tentioner on the 98 Sephia (should be the same as yours) is a long screw with a socket-type head on the end, located next to the alternator, the side closer to the firewall. To tighten the alternator, turn this long screw clockwise. To loosen the alternator, turn the screw couter-clockwise.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Originally posted by chiefkyle@Dec 24 2004, 08:30 AM
Welcome.

The tentioner on the 98 Sephia (should be the same as yours) is a long screw with a socket-type head on the end, located next to the alternator, the side closer to the firewall. To tighten the alternator, turn this long screw clockwise. To loosen the alternator, turn the screw couter-clockwise.

Hope this helps.

actuallu the 96 is a 1st generation sephia. they are totally different from the 2nd generation sephia (98-01). the 96 motor is mazda based so Id say look up a manual for a mazda with the 1.6L

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts