Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Personally I think posting a link to a competing site just to advertize it's there is bad internet protocol. It's called "pimping".

I participate in several automotive sites. And if I think another site contains useful information to answer a specific question that's just providing an answer...and helps everyone overall. But it doesn't "pimp" to the other site.

·
Registered
69 Posts
AxeMan I have to disagree with you on this one. I am interested to now know of another sportage forum that exists that I previously didn't due to his post. He was not putting this one down or over glorifying that one in anyway. He was merely letting us know that it existed.

If it weren't for other people sharing with me I probably would not have stumbled onto this forum as fast as I did (or at all)

Just my opinion.

~Vince

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
you're right vin. But look at it from a site owner's point of view. If you owned your own site, would you want someone coming in and blatantly diverting traffic away from your site?

I can understand if someone's got a specific question in mind that is directly answered in a thread on another board. That's one thing. But this thread was created purely to "pimp" the other site. Like Axe said.

Axe has on numerous occasion linked other sites for let's say spark plug change procedure. That's not pimping the site It's sharing information. If someone were to respond to Axe saying that site was great, are there others like it. That's really the only opportunity to pimp other sites. :thumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disagree with the term "pimping". The fundamental idea of any Forum is surely that of 'information sharing'. Note that the word alternative is used, it is not stated that the other site is "better" or "nicer". If a particular forum cannot answer a participant's query, surely it will be beneficial to made aware of other info sources.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts