Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento LX (FWD), 2010 Kia Sportage LX FWD,
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our kid wrecked our 2010 Sportage (105,000 miles) recently and we're going to hand down my 2015 Sorento (112,000 miles) to her and get me something else. The Sorento has had the 2.4L engine replacement, new tires and brakes, which is why we're going to give it to her (since we know the history of the car).

I noticed a lot of 2015-17 Journeys available in the area in our price range. I know it gets a bad rep for the "styling" and "lack of tech" of competitors, but this 2015 Journey has a service history and 50,540 miles. Not looking for a car that will "last forever", hopefully at least 5-7 years well after we pay off my wife's 2020 Cherokee.

I expect parts to wear out over time, I'm looking for honest opinions other than "It's junk".

Thanks in advance.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,844 Posts
You may have done this already, find a forum for that model Dodge and browse it - probably wont get many here that can offer reviews.

Reactions: Lou O.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento LX (FWD), 2010 Kia Sportage LX FWD,
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may have done this already, find a forum for that model Dodge and browse it - probably wont get many here that can offer reviews.
Thanks, looks like 'avoid the 4cyl engine' and 2009-2010/11. There are at least 6 recalls, but depends on which engine you have or model year. Owners that shared reviews on Edmunds are mostly positive, but like with any car, there can be issues (which is why I'm avoiding all used KIA/Hyundai with a 2.4L engine unless they can prove the engine's been replaced)

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,391 Posts
In general, long term reliability of electronic items, (window motors, power seat motors, alternators, starters, fuel pumps, etc.) start to occur around ~75K miles. I'm not talking a 'walk home' scenario, but it starts to nickel and dime you. Suspension components (A-arm bushings, lower ball joints, struts, tie rods) are also 'wear prone' starting at ~75K. More so than most Asian counterparts. How are your roads in South Dakota? Bad, chuck holes, gravel, dirt?

We are glad your daughter did not get hurt in the accident! A car is a car and can always be replaced.....not so much with children. Don't be to hard on her.....

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
25 Posts
You
Our kid wrecked our 2010 Sportage (105,000 miles) recently and we're going to hand down my 2015 Sorento (112,000 miles) to her and get me something else. The Sorento has had the 2.4L engine replacement, new tires and brakes, which is why we're going to give it to her (since we know the history of the car).

I noticed a lot of 2015-17 Journeys available in the area in our price range. I know it gets a bad rep for the "styling" and "lack of tech" of competitors, but this 2015 Journey has a service history and 50,540 miles. Not looking for a car that will "last forever", hopefully at least 5-7 years well after we pay off my wife's 2020 Cherokee.

I expect parts to wear out over time, I'm looking for honest opinions other than "It's junk".

Thanks in advance.
still in the market? I doubt it, but...

PM me if you are. I have PLENTY to say about the Journey. I bought a 2012 v6, FWD in 2012 when it had 9kmiles. Drove it into the ground over the next 9 years and it died at 165k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts