Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima EX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2013 Optima EX with the premium package on Thursday, but already had the hood plunger has gone out. When I press the key fob or door buttons the doors unlock/lock with the lights flashing, but no beep beep.
A.so when I hold the steering wheel totally straight the car drifts to the left; tires are inflated all the same.
Have a loaner from the dealer since they are 50 miles away from my home.

Let's hope for better days!

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
How many parts are on any given car? Given that number and the few failures I don't worry about the small problems. That's what a warranty is all about...
Have you exchanged the tire positions? A bad cord can cause this problem also and KIA does not make tires.. I'm saying give them time to work on the "problems"...THEN complain "if" they are not solved...
Google "Toyota/Acura recalls"...
Many posters here truely love their KIAs and a few of them are pushing beyond 300k miles...
We all have bad days and the better ones are always just a few days away...
Follow the recomended maintainence in your OM and keep records of any outside work (oil, oil filters (use OEM KIAs), belts, fluids) and you and KIA will get along just fiine.
Hope to see you here with some good remarks in the future..
Dave

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima EX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I understand cars have many parts. I am happy to gave a warranty, but to pick up my car Thursday and later on that day have the beep beep not work because of a bad hood plunger no matter how trivial the beep beep is not cool.
The dealership gas been Awesome, and I am sure my beep beep will be back soon and I read on this forum that there is a drift left bulletin out there for I think Optima's?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
I believe that was with Sonatas and it WAS a camber/caster issue resolved by some new parts on a new model year car...They did drag their feet on that one...
KIA's QC has been quite good on cars since 2004.5 ...so a bad plunger switch isn't too bad... That switch could just be out of alignment also as was just marginally set...A little change in temp or weather and out it goes...
We (wife.myself, kids) have KIAs and Hyundais and have yet to have any major problems with any of them other than what they were bought with (3 salvage, and 1 used). I corrected the initial problems and they have been more reliable than ANY car I have bought in my 63yrs..
The Sonata pulling problem showed up here before KIA knew it was one... One of our posters went throught the dealer warranty attempts and finally took it to an ACE mechanic that does alignments. He found the problem made hardware corrections on the top tower and made suggestions on modifying the parts for others...KIA then came out with a "kit" that allowed the expanded range needed to correct the problem..
Stick around and you find some of the BEST KIA men anywhere... We have KIA mechanics, parts managers, and even some really great salesmen that are regulars here... This forum started when KIAs were looked upon as questionable and "throw away" cars...We stuck together and now KIA and Hyundai will meet and excede the quality of the Japanese makes... And value wise beat them...
Dave

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima EX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Received the car back last Tuesday and the hood plunger was replaced and i have my chirp chirp back when i lock/unlock the car.
The alignment was off a bit, and now is nearly perfect.
My dealer whic his 50 miles away drive another EX to my home that previous Saturday and took my car back with them.
They also drive my car back to me and took their loaner with them; great service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts