Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you Kia Owners,

I haven't been on this forum before but it seems like a good source for Kia owners. I wanted to let all you Spectra and Sportage ownersk out there know that there are some great performance options available from Alpine Developments for your cars.
Alpine offers Supercharger and Turbocharger kits for all versions of the 2.0L Spectra and 2.0L/2.7V6 Sportage. These kits provide tremendous performance improvements without compromising reliability.
Please don't hessitage to contact me for more information at the below email address. Also feel free to browse Alpine's website for more details.

Thanks for your time!! :beer:

Dave Dickson
[email protected]

Alpine's webstie:
Alpine Developments

Kia Spectra Turbo Kit:

Kia Sportage V6 Supercharger Kit:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey All!

I've got another exciting update for you! Alpine is finalizing the development of a 100% complete bolt on Turbo kit for the 2.0L Spectra,Spectra5 and Sportage models.
As I stated this is a 100% bolt-on Turbo upgrade the will include everything needed to safely boost your Kia to 7psi. Dyno results will be coming soon. Initial target price for the complete kit will be 2250USD. Stay Tuned for more details and dyno graphs!

Thanks,

Dave Dickson

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now there are no plans for the previous generation Kias. Unfortunately the older model drivetrains are not as robust and boost friendly as the new models that utilize Hyundai drivetrains.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
from the looks of the new spectra motor it looks almost the same besides the .2L bigger.
If you havent made a turbo kit for the older models how do you know it wont handle it well????
actually there are quite a few turbo kits that ppl have custom fitted to the older gernerations that hold up very well.

go to www.streetkiaz.com there are a few ppl there that have had a turbo on the 1.8 and 1.6 for a long while now... they are no weaker than the 2.0L in anyway.. the .2L displacment difference isnt going to make it any more boost happy than the 1.8 and 1.6. THe actual setup of the motor and parts in the motor are the same as previous kia models. **** I bet you can even interswap some parts from the 2.0 to the 1.8.
besides the new spectras are as far as I have heard are still made by kia.. hauyndai doesnt produce the motors kia still does...... H just owns kia doesnt mean they make every part for them. there are still as many kia plants making them as before hauyndai bought them.....

Its just like kias 1st generations.. kia made the cars even though mazda owned kia..... it was made by kia but some parts were givin to kia.

my point just becasue a company owns another does not mean they cahnged a thing..... in this case they just made the motor a fringe bigger but didnt cahnge a whole lot.....
a turbo for a spectra 5 will most likey with very little modification if any will fit a 1.8L

Look at the top spectra motor it is like 99.5 pecent the same as the 1.8L just a few things are moved like the fuse box is just pushed forward a little other than that its the same..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not mean to offend people by saying that the older model Kia engines were not as robust as the Hyundai ones. I do have to correct you on one thing. The 2.0L (BETA) model engine is 100% designed and manufactured by Hyundai. The newest iteration of the Beta 2.0L engine is designated the BetaII. The beta I engine used to come in the older model Tiburons and came in 1.8-2.0L sizes. It is possible that the 1.8L your talking about might have also been offered in some Kia models.
I admit I don't know everything there is to know about kia's lines of cars, but I am intimately familar with the beta line of engines and know they can take quite a bit of boost before breaking. Again, I apologize if I offended anyone, but the purpose of this thread is to talk about Alpine's current line of products. With that said given enough demand there could be a kit for the older models produced. One last thing to note. If the 1.8L you speak of is truly of the Beta line of engines then any of the 2.0L turbo kits would bolt right up with no modifications needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the testing is complete and Alpine is ready to release the New Entry Level Turbo kit for Sale!!! :3_yes:
Alpine guarantees at least a 43% Improvement in engine HP and Torque at 7psi. This equates to at least 180-190WHP at 7psi on the non-intercooled kit. Price for the kit, only available through Alpine is 2250USD. Act now and recieve free shipping through the end of the year!! :3_nosthum
This kit will work with the 2.0L Beta II engine found in the Hyundai Tiburon, Elantra, Tuscon, as well as the Kia Spectra and Sportage. This kit offers a great safe and reliable way to introduce youself and your ride to boost. The kit also offers a wide range of upgrade options like intercoolers and larger downpipes to increase the boost level even higher. Go to the below link for further details.

Alpine Developents Entry Level Turbo Kit

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
hi AlpineTech,

may i know wether u have bolt on Turbo / Super for KIA Picanto? i know its weird asking this, but im looking forward for campact car like this, or at least do you have a plan to go for Picanto in future?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you tell me what the Picanto correllates to in the United States? We don't have that model name hear so I am not familiar with it.

·
Premium Member
6,121 Posts
We dont have the equivalent model of the picanto here in the us.. its what a 1.3L???

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
Kia Picanto is 4 cylinder 1.0 and 1.1 (A/M) car..

as long as im heard, Picanto used the same ECU map as Getz 1.3, which is i can tell its not a big difference between them both.. and i manage to install SAFC on my Pica easily yesterday.. hopefully that Alpine can find a way to make a bolt on for Picanto in near future..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello AlpineTech,

Few questions about the '05 Sportage 2.7. Alpine offers a supercharger kit only right? Do you have to recallebrate the ECU/fuel injection? How about dyno tuning, is the psi adjustable and additional pulleys available? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 2.7 L Supercharge kit for the sportage comes in 3 stages. The Stage 0 Non-Intercooled kit comes with a 4psi pulley. Absolutely no fuel modifiactions are necessary for the 4psi pulley. The OEM ECU seems to be able to adapt just fine to 4psi of boost.
The Stage 1 Intercooled kit adds a water cooled intercooler to the mix. The Pulley and fuel solution are the same. No tuning necessary. The same pulley is used but due to the cooler intake charge from the intercooler more power is gained and boost rises to 5psi.
The Stage 2 Intercooled kit adds a smaller pulley that generates around 8psi of boost and also includes a Unichip piggy back fuel/timing controller with an additional fuel injector. This combination has been proven to produce upwards of 300 Flywheel HP on a stock engine.
On a side note there are several companies like NxtGen Motorsports making additional enhancements to our kits in the form of IceBox intercooler upgrades and replacement crankshaft pullies that increase the boost to upwards of 14psi. Check them out at the below link.

NxtGen Motorsports Alpine upgrades

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone know what the Transmission/mechanical load limit is of the '05 Sportage? With the added HP from the supercharger, i wanna be sure the truck can handle it for the long haul. thanks

·
Premium Member
6,121 Posts
Id say your golden!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have the FWD or AWD model? If its the FWD model then the tranny is fairly stout. Tests have shown that the FWD tranny can handle upwards of 250wheel hp without a problem. The AWD tranny should be rated to handle the same load without issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts