Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Im trying to install Alpine KTP-445 mini amp in my base trim 2017 Sportage LX with the stock head unit,I just figure out how to connect it to speaker wire, but where should i connect these 3 wires ? Power ,remote and ground. any in put will be very appreciate .Thank you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Best bet since no one has answered would be to do it the good old way: test for power with a voltage tester and speaker signal at the output of the OEM radio with a pair of cables and a speaker. You can try to call Crutchfield for support, but I think it only applies if you bought anything there. If you buy radio/speakers from them they even include all you need to do it yourself. There's something they call a mastersheet with all the info. See if they can mail it to you. Good luck and please update the thread when you have a solution.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yup Crutchfield has a $10 make and model specific pdf guide on everything you need to know to install after market radio and or amplifier. Including info on what panels to remove and how

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
766 Posts
Metra has an adapter harness that plugs into the factory connector and provides the wires you need to install aftermarket head unit, here is the part listing
Metra Online
if you look at the wiring color code, you could use that to find the pins on the factory harness that provide the constant, and switched power, for ground use chassis.
You will need to verify using a multimeter before just going to town on it.

Crutchfield also has some information on the harness, but to get the wiring diagram with pinouts you will need to purchase that from them.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120707304/Metra-70-7304-Receiver-Wiring-Harness.html

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would say you could easily find the constant and switched power pins on the factory harness plug by disconnecting the harness, use the pictures in the above link, and with a multimeter locate the required pins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone, Im trying to install Alpine KTP-445 mini amp in my base trim 2017 Sportage LX with the stock head unit,I just figure out how to connect it to speaker wire, but where should i connect these 3 wires ? Power ,remote and ground. any in put will be very appreciate .Thank you!

Visit Rocketcarparts to review more amplifier modeling that you may concern.
On the Alpine page, there is the owner's manual of Alpine KTP-445 with wiring diagram. You can access this page for reference. Hope you can solve this issue.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I don't understand the need for this product with this car. The speakers are sized to the internal amp and giving them more power will do nothing but increased distortion. If you are also changing the speakers, it will help slightly, but not nearly as much as adding a good LOC (Audio Control), a decent amp, and new speakers. If you are adding a sub, this amp is not powerful enough to drive it properly and provide the circuits to combine channels.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you put a amp in, change speakers. Kia speakers are not like North american car speakers they are literally made of paper and are specifically made to handle the OEM's amp max power anything more power will shred the speakers to pieces.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
766 Posts
After looking at the product he is trying to use, I would guess it's not worth the trouble. easier to use line out converters from the stock amp under the seat, to a proper AMP setup, to new speakers all around, and perhaps a second amp for a dedicated sub.

The challenge with the stock system, well, to go beyond what you already have, involves a lot of work trying to conceal all the components required, and certainly giving up some cargo space which is already limited for a much larger sub.

There is reason to exercise a lot of caution in modifying the electronics in a modern vehicle, as you never know what bugs you may introduce due to electrical interference with the stock systems. The factory harnesses have all sorts of high speed data being sent around the various cables. The new vehicles are using networking instead of direct connections among the various systems, so results can be unpredictable depending on what wires you tap into.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've done a bunch of these installs on my cars. As long as you use a good quality LOC and tap into the high level speaker wires, it will not cause any functionality issues -- especially on an LX without a technology package. I've found that there are some good compact powered subs that take up very little space as long as you don't want bass that you hear in the next car over. I always use Audio Control LOC's depending on the complexity of the system. Setup this way you lose no head unit flexibility or steering wheel controls. If you are an audiophile, you can also use a DSP to fully control your sound, but for virtually all modern music, that is not necessary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts