Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the largest alloys anyone ahs put on their picanto? I have managed 15" without any modification. Iwould be interested to know if anyone had managed 17" woithout mods! Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tested 16" wheels off a Shuma on the Picanto with no problem, and was thinking with lower profile tyres 17" should fit relativly hassle free. I am going to test my theory next week as I have a friend with some cheap 17" wheels going begging so I will give them a try!! Let you know my progress if anyones interested!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Mike,

Please let me know the result, but i think the engine will not be so happy with it(think you have the 1.0 version), in case we have the original tires of 165/60-14 and with 17" we should replace them with 195/35-17 that i never heard a tire dim...

CU

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

I think it will partially effect the warranty, maybe the dealer won't accept further repairs on axles, suspension, brakes, every part connected to the wheel, but i don't think the total warranty...

CU

·
Registered
10 Posts
whata your tire size for the 15" wheels? I plan to change the tire size of the 14" wheels to a 14/65/175, from the original 14/60/165, will I have any problems wtih these size of wheels? :huh:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by Picanto@Nov 23 2004, 09:10 AM
wave goodbye to mr warranty, there he goes! byebye, hello insurance mr insurance premium, hello. haha.
Hehe... I cant see whats the fuzz is about. 14" or 15" big deal. I'd stay with the 14" standard size and then be sure that the warranty would still be intact.

Just my 2 cents.

/Kasper

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey,
someone, give a picanto to Kasper !!! He started dreaming about the wheels, even he didn't recieve the car already :)

By the way, the wheels are fine, but send the pic. of the car, which you fitted the wheels...

CU

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Picanto@Nov 23 2004, 09:10 AM
wave goodbye to mr warranty, there he goes! byebye, hello insurance mr insurance premium, hello. haha.
Just to let you know my 15" wheels made no differnece to my insurance premium, just had to let the insurnace company know their value. Also my local Kia dealership said that my aftermarket wheels wouldnt alter warranty whatsoever, even they sell non-standard aftermaket wheels, offered when you buy the car!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by PicantoTR@Nov 23 2004, 10:24 AM
hey,
someone, give a picanto to Kasper !!! He started dreaming about the wheels, even he didn't recieve the car already :)

By the way, the wheels are fine, but send the pic. of the car, which you fitted the wheels...

CU
Hahah yeah... someone send me a car already :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by mike.beardmore@Nov 23 2004, 12:05 PM
Just to let you know my 15" wheels made no differnece to my insurance premium, just had to let the insurnace company know their value. Also my local Kia dealership said that my aftermarket wheels wouldnt alter warranty whatsoever, even they sell non-standard aftermaket wheels, offered when you buy the car!!
Cool... I asked a dealer when I first test drove the car and he said that 15" rims wouldnt fit. I already ordered 14" aluminium rims and it doesnt really matter a whole lot to me if they are 14" or 15".

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally posted by kthunoe@Nov 23 2004, 05:08 AM
Cool... I asked a dealer when I first test drove the car and he said that 15" rims wouldnt fit. I already ordered 14" aluminium rims and it doesnt really matter a whole lot to me if they are 14" or 15".
Can I just ask why you cant just put old wheels on when taking it back to the dealer for any checks, I think putting 17" wheels on may also make the handling
worse, My advice would be not to go any further than 16" due to the fact that this can effect braking which could cause an acciendent which you dont want to be in Beleive me ive already expirenced it in my picanto se 1.1, Not due to the wheels though.

·
Registered
Kia Picanto, Nissan Patrol, Renault Laguna
26 Posts
[attachmentid=44]

Hello, in Spain, for the Picanto 1.1 EX, the optional tires are 195/45 R15. No problem with the insurance and homologation.

Here is a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've put 16inch wheels on my Mentor (standard 13inch) with no mod! Infact there is still room for more!! However i will be looking to fit lowering springs - it looks like i'm driving a tractor!!!

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
158 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts