Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new 2012 Sorento LX with the convenience package and the standard 17 inch alloy wheels. When I first saw the vehicle on the lot, I was surprised to see chromed wheels, while other vehicles there had silver painted alloy wheels. Upon closer inspection I saw the wheels are aluminum alloy, but have chromed plastic wheel covers that say KIA in the centers. I had never before seen plastic covers over alloy wheels. I must say the wheel covers do look good and I have had some compliments on how nice the wheels are.

Does anyone else have these wheel covers?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,237 Posts
You could say that you have the best of all possible options. Most people are happy with the dull silver finish, but I suppose there's a place for chrome.

Our Cerato has steel wheels with silvery plastic wheel covers which attach via the wheel nuts. This isn't a bad solution, since many plastic wheel trims simply fall off. You see some owners who use cable-ties to keep them on (not a good look), another idea is to apply a sticky protective coat to the wheels which helps retain the covers as well as stopping corrosion.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
personally, i'm not a fan of Chrome

i asked the dealer if i could swap my 18" chrome for another set, and they didn't let me

the chrome wheels gets ugly over time if they are not maintained, which i'm not the type that goes cleaning the car every weekend, so i rather have a maintenance free car/wheel set

·
Registered
2011 KIA Optima Hybrid (Premium, Light Graphite)
187 Posts
Hmmm I've seen the chromed-plastic covers for the 18" alloys online but never for the 17" alloys. Post a pic ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts