Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, its been a while.

Im thinking about getting some 17inch alloys for my 04 (technically 05) Optima but have been warned not to go that far buy a few stores because "it may impact your suspention too much". Too me that sounds like a load off puss, the ride my get a little rougher but im sure it wouldnt be that bad... What do you guys think?

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I know of a few people that have 17" wheels on their Optima's and they have no issues. Go for it. Take some pics of your Optima if ya get the wheels.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Originally posted by Optima2004@Jun 29 2005, 12:41 PM
Hey there, its been a while.

Im thinking about getting some 17inch alloys for my 04 (technically 05) Optima but have been warned not to go that far buy a few stores because "it may impact your suspention too much". Too me that sounds like a load off puss, the ride my get a little rougher but im sure it wouldnt be that bad... What do you guys think?
Well.. it IS a bunch of PUSS! DO NOT believe that for one second! You can put on 17" rims if you want.. 'maybe' up to 19".. but 20"??? I don't know about that.. I believe that 20's WOULD affect the suspension. But that's just MY opinion.. I am NOT an installer/seller.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by ahfrederick@Mar 9 2006, 06:52 PM
Well.. it IS a bunch of PUSS! DO NOT believe that for one second! You can put on 17" rims if you want.. 'maybe' up to 19".. but 20"??? I don't know about that.. I believe that 20's WOULD affect the suspension. But that's just MY opinion.. I am NOT an installer/seller.
I will be sure to send you the pictures personally of my Optima on "DUBS" !!! :auto:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts