Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Touring; 2003 Jeep Wrangler
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone NOT like their Kia brand all weather floor mats? For $60 they seem like a decent option over the more expensive options.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,772 Posts
Does anyone NOT like their Kia brand all weather floor mats? For $60 they seem like a decent option over the more expensive options.
They are inexpensive and barely adequate,

Spend a few $$$ more and get Husky floorliners for maximum coverage and effectiveness.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
I disagree with njerald on this one. They are quite effective. Unless of course you are one of those people that can't be bothered to kick your feet off from snow before getting in the car............or you like to see how many Big Gulps you can pour in your footwell.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
I own the all weather floor mats. We haven't had much snow in TN, but my issue with them is the debris that still gets into the carpet. They don't provide the complete coverage that Weathertech (and possibly Huskyliners) provide. I still have to spend A LOT of time vacuuming grass debris and sand/pebbles out of my floor. Also, i have been having issues with one of the driverside clasps not holding. It ends up shifting some, which i find myself correcting while driving. Could be related to the way i rest my feet while driving.

The wife was considering buying me the full set of weathertech liners for my birthday. I hope i get them!

People with weathertech/husky: Do you still get a lot of debris in your carpet or do the liners eliminate nearly all of this issue?

PS: i have the OEM rubber boot liner. Love it. Works great. No big spills yet though! I wish they had some option to make the back of the rear seats a little more load friendly. The carpet is not sufficient and not supported well enough. KIA, How about abs plastic in the whole cargo area and back of rear seats. Then when you drop them down to load something up, you have a good solid surface to work on.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Husky and the much more expensive Weathertech cover all the horizontal carpet surface and go up the sides on all 4 sides.

The back mat is one piece so it covers the hump area also.

There is no comparison between OEM and Husky/Weathertech. I have the OEM on my Optima and am waiting for Husky to come out with ones so I can flush the OEM rubber mats.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage EX, 2002 BMW Z3 3.0i
10 Posts
Difficult to say, i've not used them yet. They look ok, have to revisit that question in December when we get snow, slush and salt. The deep lugs appear to be great for boots.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Husky and the much more expensive Weathertech cover all the horizontal carpet surface and go up the sides on all 4 sides.

The back mat is one piece so it covers the hump area also.

There is no comparison between OEM and Husky/Weathertech. I have the OEM on my Optima and am waiting for Husky to come out with ones so I can flush the OEM rubber mats.
Yeah and they are twice the price, they better be nice.

Guess I just don't see the point of having the sides go all the way up since I don't make a habit out of packing pounds of snow around my feet before I get in my car. *shrug*

Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
Guess I just don't see the point of having the sides go all the way up since I don't make a habit out of packing pounds of snow around my feet before I get in my car. *shrug*

Different strokes for different folks.
"my issue with them is the debris that still gets into the carpet" - from my comment above.

so is snow the only reason you would use all-weather mats? i prefer rubber material in a car to carpet. dirt, debris, leaves, grass, seeds, sand, rocks, etc. Hell, i would think snow would be easier for the carpet mats to handle. i just want to keep the carpet looking new and that means i have to keep crap out of it. water's not going to hurt that. before you comment, please understand that i know that snow is rarely clean and rarely only consists of pure water.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
"my issue with them is the debris that still gets into the carpet" - from my comment above.

so is snow the only reason you would use all-weather mats? i prefer rubber material in a car to carpet. dirt, debris, leaves, grass, seeds, sand, rocks, etc. Hell, i would think snow would be easier for the carpet mats to handle. i just want to keep the carpet looking new and that means i have to keep crap out of it. water's not going to hurt that. before you comment, please understand that i know that snow is rarely clean and rarely only consists of pure water.
Dude, I have been using carpet mats for years, no issues. I do like the rubber mats during the winter and if I go to the beach or camping. But most of the year my carpet mats stay in and somehow my interior still looks brand new, no problem with dirt working it's way up the sides or anything.

When I get in my cars and there is snow/water/excessive dirt/etc on the ground (and thus on my feet), I usually sit in the car, clap my feet off and then swing them in. Takes all of three seconds or less, and I do this even with the rubber mats in.

Besides, aren't you the one on here who thinks that if it didn't come from the factory that way, it is foolish? ;)

·
Registered
2012 SX Sportage
180 Posts
I was going to buy the KIA OEM all weather floor mats but didn't like the fact that it didn't protect the "side walls" so i went with weather tech instead. From now on all my cars are going to have them.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
Besides, aren't you the one on here who thinks that if it didn't come from the factory that way, it is foolish? ;)
Keep it stock? yeah, well, if and when i am showing it off, i'll put the OEM mats back in it. i have the stock carpeted mats double bagged in my basement. :rolleyes:

My issue is probably center around the fact that i don't really have a paved driveway and so where i park my car is full of grass, sand, pebbles, etc. It sucks. I live in the city (i mean like almost downtown) and i've got a little bit of the country right in my yard. I guess i could park on the street, but i don't want to deal with the increased chances of someone breaking into my car, looking at it excessively, coveting it, etc.

I agree that if i lived in a well manicured suburb or in a completely urban environment, that the carpet mats would be fine. i'd probably still have the oem all weathers though. I can't help that i lean towards the more utilitarian products.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Keep it stock? yeah, well, if and when i am showing it off, i'll put the OEM mats back in it. i have the stock carpeted mats double bagged in my basement. :rolleyes:

My issue is probably center around the fact that i don't really have a paved driveway and so where i park my car is full of grass, sand, pebbles, etc. It sucks. I live in the city (i mean like almost downtown) and i've got a little bit of the country right in my yard. I guess i could park on the street, but i don't want to deal with the increased chances of someone breaking into my car, looking at it excessively, coveting it, etc.

I agree that if i lived in a well manicured suburb or in a completely urban environment, that the carpet mats would be fine. i'd probably still have the oem all weathers though. I can't help that i lean towards the more utilitarian products.
I wouldn't park on the street either.

How in the heck do you live in the city and have a backwoods driveway? LOL, man that blows.

I still think those Weathertechs are overkill for most folks, but hey, buy whatever you want.

Oh and I was just busting your balls.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
House will be 100 years old in 2013, i guess the previous owners never got around to paving the driveway. This is something i plan to eventually rememdy, but i would need about as much earthwork and concrete as putting in a pool. Since we have only been living here a year, i don't have anywhere near the cash to pay for it. I'll probably end up doing a lot of the work with some buddies, but i don't know enough to do it yet, and there are a few things that should be done at the same time.

TL;DR: Sometimes the house is nice enough to not need a driveway. i got it for $39/sqft (it's 2850 sqft, solid oak floors, etc. DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH).

cheers!

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Touring; 2003 Jeep Wrangler
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Received my mats today and they fit perfect! Great deal for only $105 shipped.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX (Black Cherry), 2012 Piaggio Fly 50 4v (Midnight Blue)
52 Posts
You're the second person on here that I've seen say Weathertech's are much more expensive than Husky. I'm looking at both for my 2012 Sportage and for what I've seen the 1st and 2nd row set from Weathertech (Digitalfit) is $170, and the 1st and 2nd row Weatherbeaters from Husky are also $170.

Digitalfit is more akin to the X-Act contour from Husky, which is not available for the 2012 Sportage.

Seems to me the Weathertech product is "better" in that it is a contoured fit that goes up the foot well and is the same price. Or as worst-case scenario for Weathertech, it is the same product for the same price?

Am I missing something? I don't want to make the wrong call here.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
You're the second person on here that I've seen say Weathertech's are much more expensive than Husky. I'm looking at both for my 2012 Sportage and for what I've seen the 1st and 2nd row set from Weathertech (Digitalfit) is $170, and the 1st and 2nd row Weatherbeaters from Husky are also $170.

Digitalfit is more akin to the X-Act contour from Husky, which is not available for the 2012 Sportage.

Seems to me the Weathertech product is "better" in that it is a contoured fit that goes up the foot well and is the same price. Or as worst-case scenario for Weathertech, it is the same product for the same price?

Am I missing something? I don't want to make the wrong call here.
Missing something...Yes, where you are shopping.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,513 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts