Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi i seem to be having the same issue with my 2009 EX and started to act up . Warning lights on, sometimes doesn't let me shift back to park, Dealer says it is a CAN error.

Waiting on new brake light switch.

have you had the problem come back?

ALL Warning lights on, Sometimes doesn't let me shift back to park, Dealer says it is a CAN communication error.

Had recall done a few years back

Any thoughts , Advice

thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
Hi i seem to be having the same issue with my 2009 EX and started to act up . Warning lights on, sometimes doesn't let me shift back to park, Dealer says it is a CAN error.

Waiting on new brake light switch.

have you had the problem come back?

ALL Warning lights on, Sometimes doesn't let me shift back to park, Dealer says it is a CAN communication error.

Had recall done a few years back

Any thoughts , Advice

thank you in advance.
Let us know if the brake light switch resolves your problem.

Please update your profile detail, ......at least location and vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
All warning lights on

After Kia replaced the rear brake light switch a second time under their warranty recall last year, the problem as you described has not returned. It did return after the first rear brake light switch replacement. If your 2009 Borrego did not get the rear brake light switch recall, check with your Kia dealer for recall replacement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lights fixed

Well the second brake switch did nothing .. it ended up being a bad ABS module apparently the CAN bus went thru the ABS and it made everything fail.

Thanks
Charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
cnaimo
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing