Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2012 sportage with 15241 km on it when i put the lights on auto and driving at night all the lights go out then if i put the light switch to on everything lights up put it back to auto they all flicker on and off ,, they changed the magic eye i will post on here if it corrected problem and also did anyone else have this problem if so what was the problem thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well the magic eye did nothing back to square one does anyone have any ideas what the problem can be

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
484 Posts
what the heck is the magic eye? Are you talking about the thing on the front of your dashboard that senses when it is too dark and turns your headlights on?

So when you drive at night with the headlights switched to AUTO the lights stay off? and when you turn them to the ON position, the lights come on? And if you put it back into the AUTO position, the lights then begin to flicker? Is this a constant flicker? or will it just happen like once or twice and then the lights stay off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup its the parts in the center of the dash i will put my light switch on auto then when i go home in the evening i will be driving then all of a sudden all the lights go out including dash lights turn the knob to the on position the lights come back on then if i turn it back to auto all the lights flicker so i just turn it back to on and drive like that

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
484 Posts
That is very strange. But the thing I find the weirdest is that you say after you switch the knob to the ON position and all the lights come on, if you put it back to the AUTO position, the lights flicker. That's very strange. I don't know if that makes it a wiring issue, but obviously they ruled out it not being that magic eye thing.

What did the dealership say when they looked at it? Did they just guess that that was the issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they check it all out with the computer and told me that all is working well they figured it was the magic eye because it will onlydo this at night but i never noticed it during the day but will have to keep an eye on it during the day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts