Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys know if wheel alignment is covered by warranty? I just got my Sorento, 2 months old and the front wheel pulls to the left already.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would just take it back whatever... :57:
Surely they wouldn't dare not sort that out on a 60 day old purchase. :angry:

I would cause a proper scene if they refused. :crying:

Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
First, read the warranty booklet. In the US my book states that "wear" items, including wiper blades down to a light bulb are covered under a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. Unless the dealer can prove abuse or mis use of the vehilce, I would say they were obligated to repair the problem at Kia's expense.

Kwalkman

·
Registered
2009 KIA Sedona LX, 2006 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 GL
145 Posts
You Sorento comes with 1 year and 20000 kms for adjustments.

Question though is yours an LX or EX?

If an EX it maybe the fulltime AWD.

Is it all the time or just on take off?

Either way take it back and get it checked out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took my Sorento back to the dealer and they fixed the alignment without hesitation. Thank goodness for the 20K/ 1 year all inclusive warranty

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the US Kia offers a 12 mo/12,000 mile warranty on wear items which would include alignment. This warranty would not cover mis-use or abuse of the vehicle, so if the Sorento has been in an accident or shows signs of serious off roading they would not be obligated to honor the agreement. Another possibility is a sticking brake caliper on the side of the pull.

Kwalkman

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Isuzu went back three times for alignment in the first three months at no charge. But to this day, and I now have 70000km on the clock with the original tyres, it still pulls to the left. I was told that it is caused by the tyres. That was confirmed by two independant tyre dealers. I rotate my tyres every time it goes for a service and there are no signs of unusual wear, despite it pulling to the left. I need to replace tyres soon, hopefully that will sort it out? I hope to sell it though and buy my Sorento before I have to replace the tyres.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts