Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage 2.0 petrol
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I had an alignment and new tyres done on my 2017 fwd sportage at a tyres chain shop and the front is in spec and matches the kia service manual but the rear has toe in a bit more than the service manual recommends . service manual recommends 0.3 total toe in and i think they have set it at 0.48

should i be worried cheers

·
Registered
2013 LX & 2020 EX KIA Sportages
76 Posts
hi guys I had an alignment and new tyres done on my 2017 fwd sportage at a tyres chain shop and the front is in spec and matches the kia service manual but the rear has toe in a bit more than the service manual recommends . service manual recommends 0.3 total toe in and i think they have set it at 0.48

should i be worried cheers
They couldn't offer any reason why it required the additional toe in ? Suspension components or the such. Did you purchase the car new. If it was used it could have been in a accident. We are fortunate to deal with a KIA dealer whose repair and parts pricing is very compatible to regular repair shops and I have them do my alignments. A 2017 should be under warranty ?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage 2.0 petrol
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They couldn't offer any reason why it required the additional toe in ? Suspension components or the such. Did you purchase the car new. If it was used it could have been in a accident. We are fortunate to deal with a KIA dealer whose repair and parts pricing is very compatible to regular repair shops and I have them do my alignments. A 2017 should be under warranty ?
i have no idea why they did it to be honest. I didnt ask them at the time but here in Australia the big chain wheel shops are pretty average.

Yes its under warranty and that will be an option but really wanted to find out if it will cause excessive tyre wear or if it will be fine

thanks for the reply by the way

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
740 Posts
I don't believe alignments are covered under warranty. At least not in the US.

·
Registered
2013 LX & 2020 EX KIA Sportages
76 Posts
I don't believe alignments are covered under warranty. At least not in the US.
Alignments are not covered, but the components that would fail to cause a alignment to have to be done outside of factory spec would be. Since my KIA dealer would do the alignment at a cost pretty close to a tire shop I prefer to take it there. I would request a explanation of why it is so far out and it would also be documented in service records if future issues arose. Even if KIA's manual states a recommended toe in of 0.3 and it had to be adjusted to 0.48, as long as components are good and the alignment machine shows green on all four wheels, I wouldn't worry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts