Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm mad, but I'm about to sell my 2000 Alfa 156 Sportwagon (2.4JTD) and get a Sorento XS 2.5CRDi. 35 years old, married with one daughter, into skiing, mountain bikes and cider, although not all together.

Got the diesel bug when I bought the Alfa, had it remapped to 170bhp+ and it now 0-60s in under 8 seconds. After 3 years I'm starting to find the go-kart handling and niggly ride tedious so started looking for a replacement.

My wife has a Mitsubishi L200 double-cab that she uses for her work (horticulture) and I really enjoy driving it. We ski 2 or 3 times a year and I prefer driving the L200 to the Alfa when heading down to the Alps from the UK, so a 4x4 was a good starting point. I regularly ride my mountain bike and needed something that would take bike, skis and other paraphenalia, so a "toy" 4x4 wasn't going to do it.

Test drove a Merc ML, X-Trail and looked at the new Discovery, then had a look at the Sorento. Test drove one today and I'm sold on it. Just need to sort out a few things then an order will be going in (and I'll be looking to get a remap done asap :blush: and will probably have a light tint added to the glass rear of the b-pillar)

But what colour? :blink: Black looks cool, but I'm not the sort to wash and wax every week. Silver is ok, but I keep looking at indigo blue. Haven't seen one in the flesh and wonder if it looks ok with the silver/grey mouldings or does it clash like a, well, a clashy thing?

Thoughts on colour (pics?) and recommendations for a remap or powerbox would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sport Blue is only availble on the XSE - I'm looking at the XS as I don't want the larger alloys, chrome mirrors or the VDODayton head unit.

Been googling like mad and Black it will be I think!

Any suggestions on remaps/power chips? I used one from dieselchiptuning on the Alfa.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
I've always been partial to the black color, maybe silver as well Great look anytime of the year, but that's my opinion. But NEWayz, if you have comments/questions about the Sorento then please direct them to the Sorento forums. Thanks!

OH, and btw welcome to KIA-forums.com! :57:

·
Registered
5 Posts
your better off with silver because you would be putting the skiis,bikes,luggage,etc in/on the Sorento which cause scratches and you be waxing and washing it after every trip you go on,if you decide to go with black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts