Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im Gustavo. I'm from Guatemala, and my english is not that good. :(

so i have this little problem with my new kia Rio 2013... It says it comes with the Kia's alarm system, it has 2 horns... and everything but the dealer can't turn it on :mad: So... they are selling all Kia's with the sticker and the alarm system, but they can't turn it on. :rolleyes:

So there is a way to turn it on? via computer?? or the ignition key (switch)

Thank you

A pic of my babie

Attachments

·
Registered
12 RIO 5 SX, 07 VW Passat 2.0L turbo 1952 Siata Diana
168 Posts
Your pictures suggest that you have to top of the line Rio. In the US it is called the SX.
The car has two horns. one is mounted near the lower radiator. That is the only horn that works when you press the horn. The other horn is mounted in the engine compartment, at the back of a fender well. That horn is strictly for the alarm.
The car should have come with two key farb transmitters to open the doors. It also has a spring loaded key. If you have the two transmitters and hold the center alarm button; does the alarm go off? Can you remotely open the doors? The alarm horn should beep when you remotely lock the doors and press the lock button twice. If you unlock the doors, and dont enter the car within 30 seconds, the doors will automatically lock.

·
Registered
2013 KIA Rio EX
4 Posts
I too have the 2013 RIO. Is the OP talking about an intruder alarm that will go off if someone tries to break in or just a panic alarm? Mine has the panic alarm on both keys that you can push if there is an emergency but I am not aware that the RIO comes with a true alarm system. Am I wrong?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts