Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- I have a Kia Sedona 2005 and I am having problems with the alarm system. it works fine, in fact, it works too well. Things such as my neighbor starting up his Harley Davidson, or a truck driving by, or someone closing their car door will set the alarm off. I do not want to disable the alarm completely but I would like to adjust the sensitivity. I have called my dealer several times and they really dont show any effort at all in trying to solve this problem for me. I guess if I was paying, it would be a different story, but for now, they dont care. does anybody know how to adjust the sensitivity?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It may be harder to trace the sensor if you have a factory alarm system. With aftermarket alarms, you just have to look for the alarm box under the dash. From there you can find the sensor by following the wires comin out of the box. The LED and sensor wires are (at least with my Code Alarm) separate from the bunch of main wires. My sensor is a small box (about 1 x 2 inches). It was strapped onto the steering column (they usually attach it where it can most easily detect vibrations) The sensitivity adjustment is a white thing that can be turned counterclockwise using a small screwdriver for minimum sensitivity. But check your alarm manual if the sensor can be disabled alltogether. With the Code Alarm, pressing the arm button twice within three seconds disables the sensor but still has the system fully armed (i.e. when a door is opened alarm goes off and engine is disabled).

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Try this...

Open the drivers door

Turn the ignition on (don't start though)

Find the programming button. It should be under the dash tapped to a wire harness. It's black and has a hood over it; probably located around the hood cable on the left side.

Press and hold the button in for 10-15 seconds. When the horn beeps 3 times, release the button.

Press the button one more time (horn should honk 4 times)

Press the panic button once (horn will honk one more time)

Press the unlock button a few times. This decreases the sensitivity, which is what you need. Pressing the lock button will increase the sensitivity. Each time you press the button the horn will honk.

When your done with that, press the panic button again. The horn will chirp two more times.

Now turn the ignition off.

The remote start has two types of sensitivity. One for light impacts which causes the horns to chirp, and the other is for hard impacts which causes the horns to go off. This adjusts the one for light impacts.

If you needed to adjust the one for harder impacts, you do the same steps, except after you press the panic button for the second time, you would press the lock or unlock buttons to adjust the sensitivity just like you did after you pressed the panic button the first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts