Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a picanto lx. When I open the door without putting key in ingnition. The warning light comes on the dashboard telling me theres a door open and the alarm goes on. When I shut the door it goes off. Any ideas please

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Done ! Someone must have caught the switch. I have tried everything. I rang the garage today and there was only the salesman there but he couldn't think what is was. I tried all the other lights. I will read up on the manual. Thanks very much again. You have saved me a trip to the garage for which I would have fealt a bit stupid.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
This is to signal the door is open, this would light up regardless of whether or not the fog lamp was switched on and works for all doors with the exception of the boot - which has its own little light.

Kevin.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its confusing to me. Alls working ok now, but when I rang the garage he tried one of their picantos and the alarm didn't go off when he opened the door, bearing in mind there was no key in the ignition. Mine that is when the alarm was going off and it only happened with the drivers door. At the moment it is one of those unexplained mysteries but as it is working ok now I'll try to forget it unless it happens again

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,i too have a kia picanto lx.The warning light comes on when i open a door,this is normal i think.The alarm shouldn't come on though :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts