Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Pro Ceed 2 1.6 CRDi (113)
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Abit of advice please, my aircon has recently stopped blowing cold, most likely needs gassing possibly. The car is a tad over 2 years old, its going in to get looked at in a couple weeks regarding this and a annoying dash/interior mirror rattle. My question is will they try and charge me for the regassing or will it be covered on the warranty? If it is that that is wrong. Ive had loads of cars with aircon and never had any of them needed to be redone at any point especially a 2 and a bit year old.

Thanks

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
I've heard of a few cee'd condensers dying around this forum, so it might be a fault.
Sure we had a similar query within the last month actually, worth you doing a forum search to find their conclusion.

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Mine recently started to blow warmer air than it used to. It did still work, but I needed to turn the blower to higher speed to make sure the car stays cool enough. Around 38 degrees these days didn't help to the situation :)

Finally, I had a regular service 10 days ago, and I mentioned the AC problem. They inspected and said it needed to be filled-up, and they charged me for getting it done.
I'm happy to say it now works properly again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,

I wonder if it is the condenser or not, hopefully it is as I dont fancy paying for it to be topped up and if it is leaking faster than normal I will be asking for the dye to be put in to see if the leak can be found, as I say I have never needed a car to be topped up but I am aware they do need topping up on occasion, just not a 2 year old car.

I am driving to the south of france in 3 weeks so definitly need air con and I have bought myself some millers to give the fuel system and injectors a clean through :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out to fix my aircon it will cost me 60 quid, they can't find any leaks but it might need regasing. I said no thanks to having my eyes taken out. So I am going to regas myself, anyone know where the valve is on the proceed?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't fancy doing it myself after all, so got a local garage to do it, proper job, remaining gas out and new in, pressure tested and freezy cold air con again, hopefully it isnt going to have to be redone every 2 years, 40 notes lighter but atleast car will be nice and cold in france next week :D

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
I've been curious if independant non kia garages would know/be able to do the job properly - as per spec.

Looking at KIA specs for charging the AC system it looks like a complex job with precise measures when it comes to the amount of oil and gas that need to go in. It even goes in detail to explain which part of the system would have residual fluid which should be taken into account when filling, etc. It states well that excess fluid would damage the compressor for example...

not sure about UK, but here, KIAs are too rare for me to have confidence that some local garage would know what exactly/precisely should they be doing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He drained the system first of what was left in, then did a pressure test to see if there was a obvious leak, then refilled. Works a treat and all done on a professional machine that pretty much did the job for him.

·
Registered
Cee'd VR-7
391 Posts
Many people may already be aware of this tip, but it's worth repeating. It’s very important to run the air conditioner once a month for ten minutes or so in order to prevent the hoses and seals from hardening and also to maintain its coolant pressure. Do this even during the cold winter weather.
Bit like running the CH at home even in summer to help keep the pumps free and working.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many people may already be aware of this tip, but it's worth repeating. It’s very important to run the air conditioner once a month for ten minutes or so in order to prevent the hoses and seals from hardening and also to maintain its coolant pressure. Do this even during the cold winter weather.
Bit like running the CH at home even in summer to help keep the pumps free and working.
Good tip mate, to be honest I didn't hardly use the aircon much and maybe that contributed to the problem. I hope it works for longer than 2 years this time.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
I use mine all the time, summer and winter. Its great for helping to demist the windows first thing in the morning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts