Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have recently bought a used 2004 kia amanti with 129k miles on it. Very good condition except.. not sure when.. but the airbag light turned on. Basically it does not blink, it's always on when the car is on, even as driving. What are some troubleshooting tips that I can easily or practically do before taking it to a mechanic? Also, my tape player does not work anymore. I bought a 5-dollar tape to audio in converter (for my phone music) and it worked for about a week, but then all of a sudden the tape player breaks and stops playing music. The player is unresponsive to the eject button and the tape play button. Possible fuse issue? Please give any troubleshooting tips and advice possible. I'm a newbie to cars as this is my first.
I'm hoping these issue are simple to fix. I'll ultimately fix the airbags however possible, but if the tape player is done for, it's not too big of a deal.

·
Registered
Kia Amanti
5 Posts
I had an 2008 that the airbag light came on. A loose ground on the battery supposedly caused it. The downside is you must take it to Kia to clear the code, they will not self clear if resolved. (That is just what they told me on my 2008)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
problem fixed

Close to same cause and fix here. Never fixed my casette decl, but my battery had damaged contacts and some corrosion. Eventually the car stopped starting up and i had to wait a couple minutes and keep trying. When it wasn'tstarting, turning the ignition would cause a scary sounding "click!" and the positive terminal of the baterry would spark and smoke. Took it to a local auto repair place and got that fixed by getting new contacts/terminals or something like that. It was pretty cheap but it had nothing to do with the airbag light as it still came on according to the mechanic. He said clearing some old "historic" codes solved the problem. All in all it amounted to about 80 dollars.

I gave a summary in hopes of possibly helping anyone else who may have an issue like this.
Enjoying my 04 amanti again! (when im not at the gas station...lol)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts