Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in for airbag light staying on in my 2012 Sorento. Hoping it was the clock spring that is now on extended warrenty, no such luck. They are telling me it's the "Passenger seat detection module" and the "front impact sensor". First of all, that seems strange that both would be bad at the same time...but the bigger issue is they are telling me the detection module is $2850! I cannot find this part online, and they didn't put the part number on the invoice.

Has anyone heard of this part? I'm guessing it's the thing that detects weight on the pass seat. I will call tomorrow for a part number as service was closed when we picked up the car.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
171 Posts
The PODS-F (Passenger Occupancy Detection System-Front) consists of a sensing Mat that is built into the front seat cushion. Cushion has to be replaced if it is bad. My 2015 also has a PODS-F Control Unit under the seat, I do not have a manual for your 2012 so I can't verify you have one also. Seems like they are pricing you a new front seat. As with all electronics there are connections and wires involved, are they absolutly sure it is the sensing Mat.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Went in for airbag light staying on in my 2012 Sorento. Hoping it was the clock spring that is now on extended warrenty, no such luck. They are telling me it's the "Passenger seat detection module" and the "front impact sensor". First of all, that seems strange that both would be bad at the same time...but the bigger issue is they are telling me the detection module is $2850! I cannot find this part online, and they didn't put the part number on the invoice.

Has anyone heard of this part? I'm guessing it's the thing that detects weight on the pass seat. I will call tomorrow for a part number as service was closed when we picked up the car.

Any thoughts?
I had the same problem a number of years ago... they had to replace the passenger seat... thankfully I was still under warranty.
It was a Canadian build & the problem occurred in the US. Tempe KIA were fantastic in working the warranty/service issue via both the US & Canadian KIA organizations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
4 Participants
geeksrus
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing