Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento 2012 ex With sunroof and leather + kawasaki Vulcan custom
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! I don't want to open a can of worn ..... I know some of you will say : Air intake is a lost of money..... I DON'T CARE!! My question is Any one found a company who make some air intake for our sorento?? I really want to ear the sound of my V6 this winter in the snoW!!! ;) THANKS!!

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
Hi!! I don't want to open a can of worn ..... I know some of you will say : Air intake is a lost of money..... I DON'T CARE!! My question is Any one found a company who make some air intake for our sorento?? I really want to ear the sound of my V6 this winter in the snoW!!! ;) THANKS!!
are you talking about turbo? its lot of work.. but anyway,
if you just want sound, cut your resonator on your muffler, put a straight pipe in it.. and change your secondary muffler with your choice of muffler..
your check engine light will come on though..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you talking about turbo? its lot of work.. but anyway,
if you just want sound, cut your resonator on your muffler, put a straight pipe in it.. and change your secondary muffler with your choice of muffler..
your check engine light will come on though..
Turbo!?? NO a cold air intake (CAI) thanks! :)

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
Whack a pod filter on it.
I did that to my '04 Rio... Actually sounded fantastic. *facepalm*

:)

EDIT: And the fantastic thing is... The sound only comes out when you put your foot down! So nice and stealthy for coming down the driveway at 1am. :D

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
True, if you want the sound, switch to a cone filter, though I dont think anyone makes a kit for it yet. You may have to DIY.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, if you want the sound, switch to a cone filter, though I dont think anyone makes a kit for it yet. You may have to DIY.
Look how the intake box is made on a 2012 sorento v6 the air sensor is on the cover of the box so I Can`t but a cone filter

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
nope, i searched all my favourite brands, and even off-brands and nothing

there are some Generic kits but that defeats the purpose.

does it work if we just slap on an high flow Cone?

maybe we should design one ourselves and put it up for sale :D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
yes they have same engine, just difference with some placements in the engine bay.. but we have maf sensor.. we have to have a pre made one where we can just bolt/clip on the maf sensor.. we dont have one yet.. unlike ford edge etc..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes they have same engine, just difference with some placements in the engine bay.. but we have maf sensor.. we have to have a pre made one where we can just bolt/clip on the maf sensor.. we dont have one yet.. unlike ford edge etc..
Santa fe don't have MAF sensor?? or you talk about the pics on the link ?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
sorry wrong construction of sentence, i meant santa fe and sorento are the same, just with placement/location on some parts are different they have same engine, same parts..
(my friend has a 2012 santa fe we compared and boy its same all has kia/hyundai logo) with that pic on the link i dont think it has an attachment to tha maf sensor or does it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry wrong construction of sentence, i meant santa fe and sorento are the same, just with placement/location on some parts are different they have same engine, same parts..
(my friend has a 2012 santa fe we compared and boy its same all has kia/hyundai logo) with that pic on the link i dont think it has an attachment to tha maf sensor or does it?

I think picture are for illustration purposes only

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
if you find one let me know or pm me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts