Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyine tell me where the air intake is on the Sorrento - the pipreinto the air filter disappers into the side of the car and does not re-appear and secondly - do you not think that the air filter is a bit small/flimsy for a vehicle this size?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
24 Posts
To find the start of the pipe you can take off the plastic wheel well lining on the right front side. You will see the pipe that feeds the airbox ends in there. I was thinking of bypassing the airbox and making a pipe to go from the throttle body to the feeding pipe in the fender well, and putting a cone filter on the end like a cold air intake. I was also thinking about extending the end of the pipe closer to where the fog light holes are to give it a little bit of ram air. I do not have foglights so I took off my "nipples" and put some gutter guard, wire mesh, over the holes. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
I was wondering how that would work. If you get around to doing it before me, let us know if you notice any power/MPG/torque difference.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
24 Posts
I think I am going to try this when I am off around the holidays.

I will take pics and do a how too. I dont think I will be able to dyno it but I will note any changes I notice like MPG and if it has any more "perkyness".

·
Registered
153 Posts
Think before you are running to do such changes.

The air intake is located in the front right side behind the plastics and metal for a reason. Check other 4X4s and you will notice the same.

Why? To prevent dust and water sucked into the engine, so if you are planning going off road think again!

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
24 Posts
Originally posted by Ilan@Nov 27 2005, 02:15 AM
Think before you are running to do such changes.

The air intake is located in the front right side behind the plastics and metal for a reason. Check other 4X4s and you will notice the same.

Why? To prevent dust and water sucked into the engine, so if you are planning going off road think again!

Are you kidding? This is my wifes car. Typical soccer mom. My Sorie will never see the off road. Not much chance of going through too much mud or dust.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a short intake that goes out the front, little more bottom end. Looks cool, I would add a pic but I'm not sure how to on this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts