Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Scion xA, 1972 VW Super Beetle, 1971 VW Type 2 (w/ Hightop)
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a small test to compare mileage with a K&N air filter vs. mileage with a factory (KIA) filter. Granted this test isn't scientific since all the factors (gas quality, city/highway driving, wind, etc.) were not identical. But, overall, it was close enough to get an idea.

Mileage (based on 4 refills each)
Factory -- 18.48589
K&N -- 20.17656

So there was an overall improvement of 1.69067 mpg with the K&N air filter in a 2002 Sedona.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I have a K&N air filter in my Spectra. I have got better gas milage with it compared to the factory filter as well. About a mpg better. The next step is to put one in my 05 Sedona.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
I am planning on purchasing the drop in K&N filter.. but now I've noticed that the Injen cone filter is only $10 more. So would that be the better buy? And how hard is it to make/or replace the stock airbox?

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio
132 Posts
I have searched the forum for this to no avail...and it may be a silly question...but...
Does putting a drop-in K&N air filter void the warranty?
I ordered one online for my '06 Rio and was curious.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio 2011 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
817 Posts
It shouldn't it's a basic wear and tear item.. As long as K&N says their filters meet or exceed factory standards you should be ok.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,128 Posts
Its fine as long as its just a drop in.

·
Registered
221 Posts
So here comes a question, looking online at a couple of autoshops in Australia there is no listing for the Kia Carnival. Which K & N filter fits the KIA carnival in Australia. That mileage improvement is quite significant. What type of driving. Just general around the city?

Ashley

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio
132 Posts
Originally posted by mwrobe1@May 2 2006, 08:22 AM
I have searched the forum for this to no avail...and it may be a silly question...but...
Does putting a drop-in K&N air filter void the warranty?
I ordered one online for my '06 Rio and was curious.
Ahem...K&N is still developing an air filter for the 2006 Rio. Found out the airboxes are different from the '05 to '06 the hard way FYI.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Well it's official.. I've gone ahead and ordered a K&N Air Filter from Autoanything! Their price is $36.95 with FREE FedEx Ground shipping.. so hopefully by the end of the week I'll have it in my car! *crosses fingers* can't wait! :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
kool.. well you should prolly order it from autoanything.. but of course you can wait until I get mine.. but then again.. they have the best price and free shipping.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Will do! :57:

I just can't believe that it took me THIS long to finally order one.. I've been putting it off for months because of having NO MONEY! :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Additional question, will the K&N performance filter add any horsepower at all ive heard from various people who dropped them in their vehicales that theyve seen a small power boost on cars like my rio to huge power gains like on a ford F-350...whats your verdict guys? im trying to squeez as much power as I can without voiding warranty.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio 2011 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
817 Posts
The power boost all depends on the stock filter chances are on the dyno you would pick up .5-1 hp at the wheels.. if your lucky.. It's more for the fact you pay 40 bucks for a filter and clean it even 10000 miles and it's good for the life of the car.

Dan

1 - 20 of 46 Posts