Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorrento Sx AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Sorento sx with the air cooled drivers seat. Can't figure out why it dosn't alway work when I turn it on. Sometimes the seat cools, and sometimes it dosn't. Don't know if it has to be configured a certain way.
Last night I test drove a new cadenza. It was in the nineties and the seat never cooled. Dealer wasn't any help. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
when you say it doesn't work, do you mean the blue lights don't come on or you just don't feel the air? if it is the latter, i can't always feel it depending on the situation. the worst situation being when i leave work and get into a 105 degree car, i turn the seat fan on and i feel absolutely nothing (but it is blowing). the reason being that it is just blowing hot air on my rear. i am certain my next car will have air conditioned seats.

if you aren't sure if your seat fan is working, take a thin napkin and completely unfold it. turn the seat fan on and place the napkin on the seat. if the napkin isn't moving, you def have a problem.

·
Registered
2013 Sorrento Sx AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when you say it doesn't work, do you mean the blue lights don't come on or you just don't feel the air? if it is the latter, i can't always feel it depending on the situation. the worst situation being when i leave work and get into a 105 degree car, i turn the seat fan on and i feel absolutely nothing (but it is blowing). the reason being that it is just blowing hot air on my rear. i am certain my next car will have air conditioned seats.

Think your on to something. When its really hot I feel nothing even though I have cold air coming out the vents. This morning it was cooler (88) and I turned off the recirculate button and did start to feel cool air on the sear bottom. Maybe it dosen't work in the full auto mode when it's in recirculate.
Disappointed the seat back dosn't cool off though.

·
Registered
2012 Dark Cherry Sorento SX-V6 FWD
85 Posts
Think your on to something. When its really hot I feel nothing even though I have cold air coming out the vents. This morning it was cooler (88) and I turned off the recirculate button and did start to feel cool air on the sear bottom. Maybe it dosen't work in the full auto mode when it's in recirculate.
Disappointed the seat back dosn't cool off though.
I too am in the disappointed column with the implementation of the cooled seat in the Sorecto. I test drove a 2012 Infinity FX35 that was loaded before the Sorento and that thing was amazing how fast it cooled off the black leather in a car that had sat in the sun all day. Could feel it everywhere on the seat.

Oh well, unfortunately KIA != Infinity but the price was right for everything that was included.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts