Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX FWD 2.4 GDI
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have searched this forum as well as the KIA tech info site but can't find the answer to my question. I have a 2012 LX FWD 2.4 GDI - would anyone know what the vent temperature should be with air conditiong turned on, the vehicle at normal operating temperature and the fan control in position #1.

I realize the capacity of the 4cyl is less than my 6 cyl Impala, but it just seems too warm and like to have some idea of what the output temperature should be before I approach the dealer .

Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Kia Cadenza SXL Smokey Blue/white
359 Posts
I owned a Landrover Freelander back in 2001 when they first came out. It had the most horrid a/c system that could not cool the car on warm summer days no matter how cold the air was, coming out of the vents. 1 seems like a low setting to be trying to cool off the vehicle.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX FWD 2.4 GDI
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I got hold of a thermometer and stuck it in the vent with the air conditioner on and the fan in position 1 the vent temperature was 40 F. If the fan was moved to the high position 4 the vent temperature actually increased to 45F. The outside air temperature was about 78F so I supect that being on the high setting the fan was drawing in more warm air than on the low setting of 1 making it more difficult to cool the larger volume.

I still can't find any reference to what the vent temperature range should be.:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts