Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have the fan set to on when I start my car, the air conditioning comes on automatically - even though it was not on before I stopped the car. No other car I have had does this.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Is this a "feature" or do I need to get it looked at? While it doesnt make a big difference, it is annoying to have to turn the air-con off every time I start the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have automatic climate control? I believe it comes with the LUX package. I have it, and when I press the "Auto" button, the A/C will take on a life of its own. If you have that button and don't like it, just make sure the Auto button does not have a green light showing that it's been selected.

If you don't have automatic climate control, I have no idea why it's doing that. Know any exorcists?

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Interesting. When the vehicle is shipped out to the dealers, the room fuse (under the hood) is removed. This helps keep the battery from draining by disabling memories and the dome lights. Everytime you start the car with this fuse removed, the A/C starts out full blast because there was no power supply for the memory. I'm assuming your radio works, so there's probably an open wire to the A/C control unit, or an internal fault.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
There is a way to select how this function operates, I'll have to look it up in course notes as I can't remember it of the top of my head.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The thing that really bothers me is the automatic A/C. When you turn it on, air blower goes to the max.. Would be great to have it go slightly lower speed when in auto mode..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree. Mine goes to MAX as well when I hit Auto. Granted, it's because it's hot out, but it still is a little irritating because it's quite loud, and it stays on max for a long time.

Also, I've noticed that everytime I turn the car on, the Auto climate control is off, eventhough I had it set to On when I turned off the car. Is this normal? Can't it remember the last setting you left it on and keep it there?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2.5 with climate control.

If the A/C is on when I turn the engine off, it comes on when I restart it. If it is off, it stays off on restart. If you have the A/C coming on at max when you start up from cold, therte may be two things to consider; the temperature that it is trying to achieve is significantly different to the ambient that it is, I believe, measuring itself against and secondly, you should not run a car A/C until the engine has reached normal operating temperature.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I have the fan set to on when I start my car, the air conditioning comes on automatically - even though it was not on before I stopped the car. No other car I have had does this.

Why worry? Why not have the air-con on all of the time? It keeps the seals lubricated and prevents system failure. It is cheaper to run it than to pay for repair bills beacuse of seal failure.

All that you have to do is set the temperature to that which is comfortable for you.

If you have Climate Control simple dial the temperature which is most suited to you and your passengers. Enjoy what you paid for when you bought the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts