Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only just bought my 55 plate Picanto Glamour. The Air Con isn't working. Does anyone know of any thing I can test before spending £50 on a re-charge which may not even be the problem. Unlike another car we have, the engine revs don't slow down when you press the air con button.
thanks...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi My Kia Picanto's A/C isn't great, I have spend over a £1000 on it. Had the compressor changed then the Rad/drier. Its working but when it get above 25oC outside its not really cold anymore. Have had it re-gassed and checked, I also went out and brought a UV torch to have a look for any leaks but none found. Good luck and keep us updated.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz E280 CDI, Picanto 1.1LX Auto
33 Posts
My '06 Picanto air con isn't all that great either, but then its had no special attention from new, so it's not doing too badly really. I don't recall any significant drop in rpm when you switch on the A/C, but there is a definite 'click' from under the bonnet when the fan / compressor engages.

If you were looking at the Kwik-Fit type £50 A/C service, I don't think they charge or attempt a re-gas if there are any leaks or other problems. Maybe worth a shot?

You may be lucky and find it is just a dodgy switch / relay, but as G7KBR67 has posted it could be a whole lot more expensive!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Air-Con issue poos Compressor ?

Update on my A/C. Currently its working great in the high temperatures we have in the UK at the moment. But after 35 minutes of a journey the cool air starts to warm up (no aircon). Then suddenly it will start working again, back to its normal cold temperature.

I am concerned its my a/c Compressor, which is only a year and a half old.

Hi My Kia Picanto's A/C isn't great, I have spend over a £1000 on it. Had the compressor changed then the Rad/drier. Its working but when it get above 25oC outside its not really cold anymore. Have had it re-gassed and checked, I also went out and brought a UV torch to have a look for any leaks but none found. Good luck and keep us updated.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
36 Posts
Aircon update zapp 56

Hi all

Just picked up my Picanto and the air-con system was 3 1/4s full of gas, so down a bit. They had the system on a vacum and it was ok. So a complete re-gas etc. I was asked do I put it on in the winter for 20 minutes a week, I must say not really might do 1 day in a month in the winter, but for a 7 year old car, I wouldn't of thought you would need to do this on a car of this age.

Would like your feedback, Thursday will be a good test as its meant to be 30 Oc in the Uk.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts